Props to Campbell Brown

Magox

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...d=moreheadlines

CNN prime-time host Campbell Brown was an unlikely source of support for Fox in her prime-time show Wednesday. She interviewed Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett and asked whether the White House considered left-leaning MSNBC biased as well. Jarrett wouldn't discuss the network.

She "seems loathe to admit that MSNBC has a bias," Brown said. "And that is where I think the White House loses all credibility on this issue."

If the White House wants to talk about bias in the media, officials "should elevate the conversation and talk about bias on the right and on the left," Brown said. "Because when you just target one side, you reveal your own bias - that you are only critical of those who are critical of you."

I saw this the other day and was going to say something about it, but she raises a very good point that some of us had been saying for some time now, and that is the hypocrisy of this administration, to lash out at FOX for leaning to the RIGHT, when MSNBC is just as tilted to the LEFT.

The look in Valerie Jarretts face was priceless.

I know she was thinking to herself, "What the !@#$, you guys are suppose to be on our side" :unsure:

Amateur Hour at the WH once again.

Do you think Fox News is biased?

Of course.

What about MSNBC?

Look, I don't want to pick on a specific group.

Gee, Valerie, a little uspet that Fox caught your left hand in the Van Jones Cookie Jar?

At this rate, Obama may just open the cellar door, dust the cobwebs off of Biden, and get him to start speaking in hopes of gaining some credibility out there. :unsure:

Interesting in that Campbell Brown came out of NBC and was featured on MSNBC a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised if she just got a bump in her ratings, some people like to see things like that.

Holy ****!!

I was just looking at the Nielson News Ratings.

FOX is crushing everyone in viewership. Their numbers have absolutely gone ballistic, if you combined CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, HLN and doubled their viewers they still wouldn't beat out FOX's viewership.

I saw a recent poll that shows that 50% of FOX's viewers are considered Independents and Democrats. No wonder the White House is trying to discredit them.

I can relate with this surge that FOX is experiencing, I use to watch CNN more than FOX just up until recently, but CNN's programming is becoming more uninteresting and their lack of coverage on what I believe to be some important topics. I also have to admit that I never use to watch Glenn Beck, up until about three months ago, I believe I may have watched a total of 15 minutes of his show. I have to say, some of his shows are absolute Genius! He definitely can be over the top, but the way he communicates to his viewers and the message he conveys, which at times I believe to be SPOT ON and you couple that with his natural TV persona, it makes for killer TV ratings and a very nervous White House.

Here are the ratings, unfreakingbelievable:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/28/cable...1886#more-31886

P2+ Total Day

FNC – 1,439,000 viewers

CNN – 451,000 viewers

MSNBC –445,000 viewers

CNBC – 183,000 viewers

HLN –359,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time

FNC – 2,819,000viewers

CNN— 621,000 viewers

MSNBC –1,026,000 viewers

CNBC – 232,000 viewers

HLN – 677,000 viewers

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)

Glenn Beck – 3,111,000 viewers (796,000) (1,408,000)

Situation Room—681,000 viewers (122,000) (281,000)

Hardball w/ Chris Matthews—601,000 viewers (126,000) (282,000)

Fast Money—238,000 viewers (118,000) (136,000)

Prime News–263,000 viewers (122,000) (176,000)

8PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)

The O’Reilly Factor– 3,760,000 viewers (936,000) (1,682,000)

Campbell Brown – 592,000 viewers (140,000) (210,000)

Countdown w/ K. Olbermann – 1,312,000 viewers (365,000) (696,000)

Bio: Sam Walton – 298,000 viewers (144,000) (185,000)

Nancy Grace – 1,091,000 viewers (368,000) (534,000)

9 PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)

Hannity –2,686,000 viewers (814,000) (1,257,000)

Larry King Live —699,000 viewers (250,000) (310,000)

Rachel Maddow Show —1,122,000 viewers (334,000) (571,000)

Executive Vision 5 — a scratch w/122,000 viewers (a scratch w/37,000) (a scratch w/44,000)

Joy Behar- 423,000 viewers (144,000) (216,000)

I also have to admit that I never use to watch Glenn Beck, up until about three months ago, I believe I may have watched a total of 15 minutes of his show. I have to say, some of his shows are absolute Genius! He definitely can be over the top, but the way he communicates to his viewers and the message he conveys, which at times I believe to be SPOT ON and you couple that with his natural TV persona, it makes for killer TV ratings and a very nervous White House.

I never listened to Beck. I'd listen to Cavuto at 1 p.m. on Sirius (just because he's kind of a chucklehead), then flip to music because I figured Beck was kind of like Jim Cramer gone hardcore Republican, but I decided to give him a listen to find out WTF the WH (and it's uber-lib tit-suckers) are crying about, and I have to agree with you here. I wouldn't call him "genius," but I can DEFINITELY see why the WH hates him. He is nutbuster of epic proportions. When the left started saying they were going to dig up dirt on him after he outed Van Jones, he spent part of a show just fessing up his dirt and it was hysterical...in a sadly twisted kind of way. He's a recovering alcoholic, so he told a story about making up stories for his daughters when he put them to bed, and the next night when they wanted him to tell the story again, his response was "What story?" He added to this, "I once fired a guy for bringing me the wrong pen." :unsure:

The dude is crazy, but somehow he comes across as genuine, which is probably the other reason the WH hates him. But the WH is too stupid to realize that their demonizing efforts elevated Limbaugh's show to ridiculous levels, and as you noted, Fox News absolutely, positively destroys all of their competition now...thanks to the WH.

I hope the WH starts publically demonizing my company. Business would rock.

I never listened to Beck. I'd listen to Cavuto at 1 p.m. on Sirius (just because he's kind of a chucklehead), then flip to music because I figured Beck was kind of like Jim Cramer gone hardcore Republican, but I decided to give him a listen to find out WTF the WH (and it's uber-lib tit-suckers) are crying about, and I have to agree with you here. I wouldn't call him "genius," but I can DEFINITELY see why the WH hates him. He is nutbuster of epic proportions. When the left started saying they were going to dig up dirt on him after he outed Van Jones, he spent part of a show just fessing up his dirt and it was hysterical...in a sadly twisted kind of way. He's a recovering alcoholic, so he told a story about making up stories for his daughters when he put them to bed, and the next night when they wanted him to tell the story again, his response was "What story?" He added to this, "I once fired a guy for bringing me the wrong pen." :unsure:

The dude is crazy, but somehow he comes across as genuine, which is probably the other reason the WH hates him. But the WH is too stupid to realize that their demonizing efforts elevated Limbaugh's show to ridiculous levels, and as you noted, Fox News absolutely, positively destroys all of their competition now...thanks to the WH.

I hope the WH starts publically demonizing my company. Business would rock.

I wouldn't call him a "Genius" but the concepts of some of his shows are, at least in my view. He has got to be the W.H's public enemy #1, the way he exposes their radical left agenda is masterful. No one else would dare or even care to dig up the information that he and his production crew has on the W.H's selections of Czars and advisors. It is quite apparent to me that there is a very radical structure that BO and crew are trying to create, and he exposes them. If it wasn't for his show, the rest of the media wouldn't be reporting this. It's not just entertainment, but there is alot of investigative journalism that takes place on his show. Now of course, he will throw in his twist and paint a picture to the way he wants to illustrate it to everyone, but none the less, it is backed up by facts. That's why the W.H is not able to specifically point out which parts of his shows are lies, simply because they aren't lies. If there were, then the W.H would "call them out" on them.

It is for that reason why they hate Glenn Beck, and also the fact that he reaches out to over 3 million people a day, and many of them being moderates.

That's why the W.H is not able to specifically point out which parts of his shows are lies, simply because they aren't lies. If there were, then the W.H would "call them out" on them.

I think it's hysterical that he has a phone set up on his set specifically for Anita Dunn and the WH to call him to correct anything he might be saying. And he keeps saying "And again, if I'm wrong, the WH has the number to this phone. They're welcome to call and correct me. No? Nothing? Okay, let's move on." I'm sure I'll tire of this soon, but for the time being it's funny as all hell.

I think it's hysterical that he has a phone set up on his set specifically for Anita Dunn and the WH to call him to correct anything he might be saying. And he keeps saying "And again, if I'm wrong, the WH has the number to this phone. They're welcome to call and correct me. No? Nothing? Okay, let's move on." I'm sure I'll tire of this soon, but for the time being it's funny as all hell.

He's milking it for now, while the story is hot. Meanwhile, since we've been posting, he just added another 100,000 viewers. :unsure:

CNN prime-time host Campbell Brown was an unlikely source of support for Fox in her prime-time show Wednesday. She interviewed Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett and asked whether the White House considered left-leaning MSNBC biased as well. Jarrett wouldn't discuss the network.

She "seems loathe to admit that MSNBC has a bias," Brown said. "And that is where I think the White House loses all credibility on this issue."

If the White House wants to talk about bias in the media, officials "should elevate the conversation and talk about bias on the right and on the left," Brown said. "Because when you just target one side, you reveal your own bias - that you are only critical of those who are critical of you."

I saw this the other day and was going to say something about it, but she raises a very good point that some of us had been saying for some time now, and that is the hypocrisy of this administration, to lash out at FOX for leaning to the RIGHT, when MSNBC is just as tilted to the LEFT.

Yeah I saw that ... :lol:

The look in Valerie Jarretts face was priceless.

I know she was thinking to herself, "What the !@#$, you guys are suppose to be on our side" :lol:

I don't know much about politics but I was under the impression that both press which leans left and press which leans right have a right to exist. Politicians calling either biased seems out of bounds to me. Brown seems to be suggesting the White House should criticize left and right and force everyone to the middle with rhetoric. Was she born in Canada?

I wouldn't be surprised if she just got a bump in her ratings, some people like to see things like that.

Holy ****!!

I was just looking at the Nielson News Ratings.

FOX is crushing everyone in viewership. Their numbers have absolutely gone ballistic, if you combined CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, HLN and doubled their viewers they still wouldn't beat out FOX's viewership.

I saw a recent poll that shows that 50% of FOX's viewers are considered Independents and Democrats. No wonder the White House is trying to discredit them.

I can relate with this surge that FOX is experiencing, I use to watch CNN more than FOX just up until recently, but CNN's programming is becoming more uninteresting and their lack of coverage on what I believe to be some important topics. I also have to admit that I never use to watch Glenn Beck, up until about three months ago, I believe I may have watched a total of 15 minutes of his show. I have to say, some of his shows are absolute Genius! He definitely can be over the top, but the way he communicates to his viewers and the message he conveys, which at times I believe to be SPOT ON and you couple that with his natural TV persona, it makes for killer TV ratings and a very nervous White House.

Here are the ratings, unfreakingbelievable:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/28/cable...1886#more-31886

P2+ Total Day

FNC – 1,439,000 viewers

CNN – 451,000 viewers

MSNBC –445,000 viewers

CNBC – 183,000 viewers

HLN –359,000 viewers

P2+ Prime Time

FNC – 2,819,000viewers

CNN— 621,000 viewers

MSNBC –1,026,000 viewers

CNBC – 232,000 viewers

HLN – 677,000 viewers

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)

Glenn Beck – 3,111,000 viewers (796,000) (1,408,000)

Situation Room—681,000 viewers (122,000) (281,000)

Hardball w/ Chris Matthews—601,000 viewers (126,000) (282,000)

Fast Money—238,000 viewers (118,000) (136,000)

Prime News–263,000 viewers (122,000) (176,000)

8PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)

The O’Reilly Factor– 3,760,000 viewers (936,000) (1,682,000)

Campbell Brown – 592,000 viewers (140,000) (210,000)

Countdown w/ K. Olbermann – 1,312,000 viewers (365,000) (696,000)

Bio: Sam Walton – 298,000 viewers (144,000) (185,000)

Nancy Grace – 1,091,000 viewers (368,000) (534,000)

9 PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)

Hannity –2,686,000 viewers (814,000) (1,257,000)

Larry King Live —699,000 viewers (250,000) (310,000)

Rachel Maddow Show —1,122,000 viewers (334,000) (571,000)

Executive Vision 5 — a scratch w/122,000 viewers (a scratch w/37,000) (a scratch w/44,000)

Joy Behar- 423,000 viewers (144,000) (216,000)

Glen Beck is as insightful as Colin Cowherd- and that isn't a compliment. I prefer CSPAN. Olbermann, O'Reilly and Grace all are terrible