Transparency

Realistically, though, he can't make Congress open their hearings. Although equally realistically, he could verbally beat the **** out of them in the court of public opinion if he wanted to.

The bottom line, though, is that his "transparency" campaign promises were just that - campaign promises. There is far too much bureaucratic inertia at play in the federal government for any one person to realistically effect change.

Realistically, though, he can't make Congress open their hearings. Although equally realistically, he could verbally beat the **** out of them in the court of public opinion if he wanted to.

The bottom line, though, is that his "transparency" campaign promises were just that - campaign promises. There is far too much bureaucratic inertia at play in the federal government for any one person to realistically effect change.

That is true, but there is going to be alot of ammunition to be fired upon him and others within his party that all went on the mantra of "change", "hope" and "politics as usual".

It's gonna be fun to watch :unsure:

I laughed out loud when I read the following quote by good ol Charlie Rangel yesterday about a bill that's designed to limit off shore tax heavens and get more people to pay US taxes:

"This bill offers foreign banks a simple choice -- if you wish to access our capital markets, you have to report on U.S. account holders"

Shouldn't you start enforcement inside the Beltway first?

That is true, but there is going to be alot of ammunition to be fired upon him and others within his party that all went on the mantra of "change", "hope" and "politics as usual".

It's gonna be fun to watch :unsure:

Yes, and he should get flack - for the bull **** campaign promise of "change" and "transparency".

But not when Pelosi effectively tells the Americna people "Transparency is not in your best interests...trust us."

I laughed out loud when I read the following quote by good ol Charlie Rangel yesterday about a bill that's designed to limit off shore tax heavens and get more people to pay US taxes:

"This bill offers foreign banks a simple choice -- if you wish to access our capital markets, you have to report on U.S. account holders"

Shouldn't you start enforcement inside the Beltway first?

So Chuck's going to balance the budget, then? Because as long as Congress keeps running a budget deficit, the US government needs foreign banks participating in our capital markets a hell of a lot more than they need us.

On the other hand...this is one more example of this government's "Creditors don't have rights, only debtors do" policy that started with the anal rape of GM bondholders. Good luck selling that to the Chinese though, Chuck.