The implosion of what remains of the Republican party

It's interesting to note the conservatives taking sides in this race, a contest that would usually have been a slam dunk for a neocon (the GOP has held the seat like....forever) that is now shaping up to be a fight between the dumb and dumber aspects of what passes for conservative politics these days.

Just hope you all appreciate the Times link.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/1...=home_headlines

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to note the conservatives taking sides in this race, a contest that would usually have been a slam dunk for a neocon (the GOP has held the seat like....forever) that is now shaping up to be a fight between the dumb and dumber aspects of what passes for conservative politics these days.

Hey, everyone! Bishop just figured out that the GOP is in shambles! Welcome to the party, Bishop. How was the re-entry in the DeLorean?

For the record, Dede Scozzafava makes Arlen Specter look like Jim DeMint. People like Newt are trying to make the same mistake Emmanuel made when he got a bunch of Blue Dogs to put more Ds in the house and senate, which has led to this embarrassing inability of the left to do anything but trip over their own incompetence on a daily basis.

Some in the GOP will do anything to just get an R in there, but Scozzafava is no R. If people really felt a fraud like Dede Scozzafava had value, they would have elected the other fraud, John McCain, as president. With Republicans like Scozzafava, McCain and Olympia Snowe, who needs liberals? Funny how the same thing is happening to the left WHILE THEY'RE IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING, but you somehow think only the right is in shambles. :thumbdown::wallbash:

But thanks for chiming in. It's nice of you to spend a few moments here on your way to the mailbox to see if the Levi-featured Playgirl arrived yet.

Hey, everyone! Bishop just figured out that the GOP is in shambles! Welcome to the party, Bishop. How was the re-entry in the DeLorean?

For the record, Dede Scozzafava makes Arlen Specter look like Jim DeMint. People like Newt are trying to make the same mistake Emmanuel made when he got a bunch of Blue Dogs to put more Ds in the house and senate, which has led to this embarrassing inability of the left to do anything but trip over their own incompetence on a daily basis.

Some in the GOP will do anything to just get an R in there, but Scozzafava is no R. If people really felt a fraud like Dede Scozzafava had value, they would have elected the other fraud, John McCain, as president. With Republicans like Scozzafava, McCain and Olympia Snowe, who needs liberals? Funny how the same thing is happening to the left WHILE THEY'RE IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING, but you somehow think only the right is in shambles. :unsure::lol:

But thanks for chiming in. It's nice of you to spend a few moments here on your way to the mailbox to see if the Levi-featured Playgirl arrived yet.

Yeah I had an inkling some of you buffoons had an idea that you losers have become pretty irrelevent. The barometer of that is of course your Conservatism for Dummies station Fox News, moving softly away from mainstream republican ideology-mainstream anything for that matter-and veering into the territory of histrionic play actors like Howard Beale wannabe Glenn Beck and their free ads for the tea bagger events.

So, two Rs split 65% of the vote, D gets 35%, and you claim that as a victory?

Unfortunately, and I think you know this..at least I hope you do, two people can't fill the same seat. The fact we're even talking about a democrat in that district being four points ahead at this late stage speaks volumes about the rotting corpse of the republican party.

Yeah I had an inkling some of you buffoons had an idea that you losers have become pretty irrelevent. The barometer of that is of course your Conservatism for Dummies station Fox News, moving softly away from mainstream republican ideology-mainstream anything for that matter-and veering into the territory of histrionic play actors like Howard Beale wannabe Glenn Beck and their free ads for the tea bagger events.

Man, you sure sound bitter, Bishop. Olbermann not showing up for your Full Johnson Playgirl Release Party? :unsure::lol:

Man, you sure sound bitter, Bishop. Olbermann not showing up for your Full Johnson Playgirl Release Party? :unsure::lol:

Naw...I wanna audition for Part II of your unintentionally ridiculous teabagger/Thomas Paine you tube clip. Gotta hand it to you. It takes a pair to leave something that cheezy up there. It reminded me of one of those Simpsons educational clips starring actor Troy McClure. You really don't have a clue do you?

The director of that clip probably should have told the actor that Thomas Paine did not speak in a Jersey accent.

Naw...I wanna audition for Part II of your unintentionally ridiculous teabagger/Thomas Paine you tube clip. Gotta hand it to you. It takes a pair to leave something that cheezy up there. It reminded me of one of those Simpsons educational clips starring actor Troy McClure. You really don't have a clue do you?

The director of that clip probably should have told the actor that Thomas Paine did not speak in a Jersey accent.

The difference is that I can delete my sig and you'll STILL be a guy whose only contribution to the board is to mock sigs, post counts and anyone who doesn't understand your odd obsession with Levi's Playgirl spread and teabagging. :unsure::lol:

Unfortunately, and I think you know this..at least I hope you do, two people can't fill the same seat. The fact we're even talking about a democrat in that district being four points ahead at this late stage speaks volumes about the rotting corpse of the republican party.

Unfortunately, and I think you know how math works, 35% of the vote is not a sign that the majority of people agree with you. If you claim that by the quirk of election rules in that district that two Reps are splitting 65% of the popular vote is a sign of their collapse, then you deserve another free year's of Playgirl subscription.

Talk to me when your Dem gets >50% of the total vote.

Most Libertarians I know are offended by the fact that republicans feign being conservatives- when in fact, they are as liberal if not more so than democrats- not that I have a problem with them being liberal- just the fact that they try to hide it.

Unfortunately, and I think you know how math works, 35% of the vote is not a sign that the majority of people agree with you. If you claim that by the quirk of election rules in that district that two Reps are splitting 65% of the popular vote is a sign of their collapse, then you deserve another free year's of Playgirl subscription.

Talk to me when your Dem gets >50% of the total vote.

Scozzafava has been endorsed by DailyKos and ACORN. I think it's safe to say that between Scozzafava and Owens, the Dems DO have >50% of the vote in this race.