Pro Bowl Voting Is A Joke

H2o

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot/sweeps/confirm

It is true my friends. You can filter the selection by team and Byrd is not even listed at FS, only Whitner. :thumbdown:

he could get rookie of the year.

'Byrd also is the first rookie in the NFL to snare five picks in one month since Chicago's Mark Carrier in December 1990, and he's the first rookie with two interceptions in consecutive games since Dallas' Everson Walls in 1981.'

Yeah...you think that Whtner will slip in there?

Does it even matter anymore? Especially w/ the way players nowadays skip out of playing in the game and guys who probably don't deserve the honor get it in their place, what exactly does it mean any more to be a "Pro Bowl player"?

Does it even matter anymore? Especially w/ the way players nowadays skip out of playing in the game and guys who probably don't deserve the honor get it in their place, what exactly does it mean any more to be a "Pro Bowl player"?

Not to mention that the Pro Bowl is being played the week BEFORE the Super Bowl, so theoretically, the better players from the two best teams are out.

Now play the game in Miami instead of Hawaii.

The Pro Bowl has become a joke. Why people care about who makes it is beyond me.

Not to mention that the Pro Bowl is being played the week BEFORE the Super Bowl, so theoretically, the better players from the two best teams are out.

The Pro Bowl has become a joke. Why people care about who makes it is beyond me.

One thing that :thumbdown: pisses me off this year is that I'll actually be in Honolulu during SB week and what is usually Pro Bowl week. :wallbash:

Agreed! Another horrible decision by the league, IMO. The Pro Bowl now becomes just another of the Super Bowl spectacles. Not to mention, a large number of the league's best players won't be participating in the game nor any of the stupid little challenge things they do. As meaningless as it is, I enjoy it all. The season is over, you know football is done. So, its become my one last chance to see some of my favorite players for a while.

Yet another reason Goodell is an abomination of a commissioner.

Agreed! Another horrible decision by the league, IMO. The Pro Bowl now becomes just another of the Super Bowl spectacles. Not to mention, a large number of the league's best players won't be participating in the game nor any of the stupid little challenge things they do. As meaningless as it is, I enjoy it all. The season is over, you know football is done. So, its become my one last chance to see some of my favorite players for a while.

Yet another reason Goodell is an abomination of a commissioner.

Wait so, you actually watch the Pro-Bowl?

It is true my friends. You can filter the selection by team and Byrd is not even listed at FS, only Whitner. :unsure:

Please stop it! I'm so tired of Bills fans always feeling like the Bills are being slighted. This team has not been in the playoffs for 10 years! What do you expect?! Winning games and making playoff appearances goes a long way toward Pro Bowl recognition of players.

Quit whining. When the Bills make the playoffs and guys like Byrd are still being overlooked, THEN you might have a legitimate complaint, but this team have proven NOTHING so far, so do not expect any league-wide recognition. Be happy with the Defensive/rookie player of the month honors for Byrd.

I think Hawaii really got boned on the Miami move...

I was lucky, back in 93 I happened to be in Hawaii, (thanks US Navy), and alot of the guys on the ship went to the game that year.

The whole Island seem to be juiced about the game....now they have that beautiful stadium with not one NFL game to see,what a joke.

If I was the commish I would have at least one or 2 preseason games there involving the west coast teams at least.

It is true my friends. You can filter the selection by team and Byrd is not even listed at FS, only Whitner. :unsure:

Hes only been relevant for 3 games...3 games doesnt get into the pro bowl or on the ballot unless you are an established player. Byrd is a rookie, a second round pick to boot...he was off the radar probably when they set up the voting system. By seasons end, if he keeps making plays, he will be noticed by people other than Bills fans.

Please stop it! I'm so tired of Bills fans always feeling like the Bills are being slighted. This team has not been in the playoffs for 10 years! What do you expect?! Winning games and making playoff appearances goes a long way toward Pro Bowl recognition of players.

Quit whining. When the Bills make the playoffs and guys like Byrd are still being overlooked, THEN you might have a legitimate complaint, but this team have proven NOTHING so far, so do not expect any league-wide recognition. Be happy with the Defensive/rookie player of the month honors for Byrd.

What are you talking about? :lol: I'm not talking about the Bills being slighted, I'm talking about a guy who has 5 INT's in 3 games not being on the Pro Bowl ballott. I was just stating the obvious. The only one whining about something here is, well, you. :unsure: