TO comments on Dick's practices

Pitta

Look at what TO said about whether he would want to be here next season.

Terrell Owens addressed the subject of where he’ll be in 2010 after his current one-year contract expires.

The question posed to him was whether or not he could see himself back in Buffalo next season. Here was his response.

“Definitely. I’m not sure if you’re familiar with our practice schedule and how coach Jauron does things, but the way we practice, it’s definitely conducive for somebody that’s at the end of their career that can prolong it further because of the way we practice. He gives us breaks and there’s breaks in our schedule where he allows us to rest. Definitely, if that’s the case and they would have me back, then yeah, I’ll be here.”

Naturally there are a lot of variables attached to that comment because next offseason is a long way off and with pending labor negotiations and a half of a season left to be played a lot can change. But as it stands right now, Owens is open to returning.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/1...ffalo-in-2010/

Are you freakin kidding me. I knew Dick's practices were weak but for a guy to stay with a team where he gets 1 or 2 catches a game because of the practices must really say something. For all you wondering why everyone is injuried it is because our players are always resting and not game ready. What a disgrace.

nice spin......is that really what you got out of that? that practice is easy???????

Are you freakin kidding me. I knew Dick's practices were weak but for a guy to stay with a team where he gets 1 or 2 catches a game because of the practices must really say something. For all you wondering why everyone is injuried it is because our players are always resting and not game ready. What a disgrace.

What a joke. A soft coach breeds soft players=injuries galore. I can't say I'm surprised because we all knew it but for TO to come right out and say it is pathetic.

nice spin......is that really what you got out of that? that practice is easy???????

That is what I read out of it. They don't practice too hard and have plenty of down time which would accommodate a player nearing the end of his career. If that isn't his meaning then what?

yea i guess having a young line and going 4 deep @ tackle doesant mean a damn thing. give me a freak ing break!

you live in a ferry tale world based on football 30 years ago if you think beating up your players is the way to go and macho your lost and dont have a clue about the game!

by the way not many successful coaches beat their players. just ridiculous!

if you beat them in camp and practice i'm sure they will play harder and not get hurt,get real!

from the quoted portion...i would read the entire link, but the link is broken....i read it to mean he gives lots of breaks. taking breaks does not mean you arent working hard during the actual practice time, it simply means that he gives the players time to catch their breath etc......nothing in the quote says anything about the lack of hardwork when they are actually running plays during practice, but if you want to spin it that way to perpetuate the 'Dick Sucks' mantra, then have at it....

That is what I read out of it. They don't practice too hard and have plenty of down time which would accommodate a player nearing the end of his career. If that isn't his meaning then what?

from the quoted portion...i would read the entire link, but the link is broken....i read it to mean he gives lots of breaks. taking breaks does not mean you arent working hard during the actual practice time, it simply means that he gives the players time to catch their breath etc......nothing in the quote says anything about the lack of hardwork when they are actually running plays during practice, but if you want to spin it that way to perpetuate the 'Dick Sucks' mantra, then have at it....

Don't mind if I do!

This is a team that practices indoors. No wonder these girls have a hard time winning in the fall/winter. Our weather should be our advantage, but I recall a comment by Kelsay about the Miami game in TO last year when he admitted the Bills were no more used to the winters here than Miami was because the Bills don't like playing in the snow.

see my comments above your post....the quoted portion gives absolutely no indication of the level of intensity when practice is actually happening, only that when they are not actually practicing, they get to take breaks to rest themselves......nothing about 'weak' or 'easy' practices

THat was pretty much the thrust of TO's comment...what did you get out of it?

you are truly the moronic inferno.

What TO menat was, they don't do wind sprints, they don't really even practice at all outside of walk throughs and film study.

DJ is not A soft coach, he is THE soft coach.

so i disagree with a posters assessment of a quoted and i get names thrown at me? nice........ :wallbash::thumbdown:

you are truly the moronic inferno.

What TO menat was, they don't do wind sprints, they don't really even practice at all outside of walk throughs and film study.

DJ is not A soft coach, he is THE soft coach.

Fair enough he doesn't say anything about how easy or (hard) they practice, just they get plenty of rest time. I read into it that the practices aren't as intensive as other places he has been and this works for his older body. Either way Dick is a horrible coach.

I know people do not like Jauron as our head coach...i neither dislike nor like him...nice fence sitting, huh? it just seems that no matter what, he will never catch a break...i just don't read the quoted portion you provided to indicate practice is easy or weak....it could mean that, but I am not just gonna blindly go there...

Don't mind if I do!

like i just pointed out to the original poster, that could be exactly what TO meant, I just don't tend to jump blindly in that direction....i want to believe that despite his coaching record to date, that he isn't mailing it in...

Fair enough he doesn't say anything about how easy or (hard) they practice, just they get plenty of rest time. I read into it that the practices aren't as intensive as other places he has been and this works for his older body. Either way Dick is a horrible coach.

yea i guess having a young line and going 4 deep @ tackle doesant mean a damn thing. give me a freak ing break!

you live in a ferry tale world based on football 30 years ago if you think beating up your players is the way to go and macho your lost and dont have a clue about the game!

by the way not many successful coaches beat their players. just ridiculous!

if you beat them in camp and practice i'm sure they will play harder and not get hurt,get real!

What he said.