Experiment in Cleveland

LewPort71

Tonight begins the great experiment in Cleveland as the Cavs host the Celtics.

I generally do not follow the NBA until late May or June , but the combination

of LeBron and Shaq is interesting.

On WTAM this morning, the DJ's brought up Shaq's new nickname,

"Witness Protection". I thought that was amusing.

Tonight begins the great experiment in Cleveland as the Cavs host the Celtics.

I generally do not follow the NBA until late May or June , but the combination

of LeBron and Shaq is interesting.

On WTAM this morning, the DJ's brought up Shaq's new nickname,

"Witness Protection". I thought that was amusing.

The great experiment of "Rashweed", KG, PP, Jesus and little Rondo overpowers the Cavs!!!!

Shaq looked great early on, but disappeared in the second half... as a Celtics fan, I love it! If I were a Cavs fan, I might be a little concerned about how this will work out....Shaq, I think, is kind of like (I hope) TO is...he still has something in the tank, but you have to know when to lean on him...and when to leave him out of the game plan...I can see this, early on, anyways, being a chemestry problem for Shaq and LeBron...this is going to be a great NBA season, I think. The Lakers, Cleveland, Orlando, Boston, and San Antonio are all very legitimate title contenders...the east is going to be a blast to watch...

I'd be shocked if the Lakers lose more than 10-12 games the entire season. If Bynum can stay healthy, he will be one of the top big men in the league all season long. Nobody can match their top 6 in Fisher, Kobe, Artest, Bynum, Gasol, and Odom. Anyone else smell a repeat coming?

I can smell it too...and it stinks bad! :lol:

I am thinking there are a couple of teams in the East that will make it interesting...but, you are right, the Lakers look pretty formidable. If the Celtics weren't as old, I would like there chances a whole lot more. Not saying, for a minute, they can't win it this year, but they just can't afford any injuries. Losing Glen Davis, albeit for about 6 weeks, is a bad way to start the season. Rashweed wasn't really supposed to be playing as much as he is likely to play...gotta save those old legs for the playoffs...lookin' great so far though!

Mine. And that's before you factor in that most rape cases regardless of who is involved are never reported to anyone.

I would say mine, and that's before you factor in that there are hundreds of rape claims made every year against athletes that are so baseless they never even lead to a civil suit, much less a criminal investigation. Not to say that there aren't some scumbags throughout sports who have actually committed the crime. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the subject of which scenario is more likely, I guess.

I would say mine, and that's before you factor in that there are hundreds of rape claims made every year against athletes that are so baseless they never even lead to a civil suit, much less a criminal investigation. Not to say that there aren't some scumbags throughout sports who have actually committed the crime. We'll just have to agree to disagree on the subject of which scenario is more likely, I guess.

By definition a 'false rape claim' is a claim made to either the police or the court, right? And therefore, every false rape claim receives a criminal investigation or a lawsuit, even if it's a cursory investigation or a dismissed suit. I'll agree that the majority of such claims do not result in an indictment or settlement/judgment, but I think you are overstating the frequency of such occurrences when compared to the frequency of actual assaults.

to a max contract? rondo is good, but i think boston cripples itself in the future if they commit to a non-shooting PG (obviously this is only a problem in 2-3 years when their current nucleus is on social security). Rondo should get 50-60 million on a 7 year deal. I'd let him walk for anything more. He is the current generation of Andre Miller. He's a really good player that takes room away for your best player because he can't spread the floor.

to a max contract? rondo is good, but i think boston cripples itself in the future if they commit to a non-shooting PG (obviously this is only a problem in 2-3 years when their current nucleus is on social security). Rondo should get 50-60 million on a 7 year deal. I'd let him walk for anything more. He is the current generation of Andre Miller. He's a really good player that takes room away for your best player because he can't spread the floor.

Sounds like they worked it out, a 55 million dollar deal...I am real happy about this. The Celtics had to buy their way back to respectability (I am a Celtics fan, but even I can admit this), but Rondo is pretty much home-grown as a Celtic. I know they didn't draft him, but they developed him...I hate to see him go off, and get only better, for another team...it happens more in the NBA than in any other sport.... the kid still has a ton of upside, and is a good, quality person, from what i know...