Lieberman says no

BillsNYC

No, not everyone here in CT works for BI. But a lot of people do. Putting them out of work would be devastating for the State.

And if this thing gets passed (which I doubt), there will be an opt-out, and CT will certainly do this. Joe is thinking much bigger picture.

So competition will put Ct. in the grave.

I sincerely doubt that.

So competition will put Ct. in the grave.

I sincerely doubt that.

You can doubt all you want. And putting CT in a "grave" is a bit extreme. But "competing" with the government isn't really a fair fight, is it?

The devil will be in the details.

Time was when LIE-berman was a memebr of that bi-partisan gang of senators awhile back who tried to diffuse the possibility of a democratic fillibuster on Bush's extremist bench choices.

Now Joe is threatening a fillibuster. What do you call someone like that? Nevermind....

Interesting that you feel that Judges that make decisions with a strict interpretation of the constitution are "extremeists".

i was just pointing out that lieberman changes his mind faster than it takes DC Tom to put on his special needs helmet.

but i did watch the healthcare debate on c-span. the finance committee debates were on tv. and in max baucus's own words this has been one of the most transparently built bills ever.

Yes, competing with those who regulate you is totally fair.

It's especially fair when those who regulate you also have a bottomless pit of resources that don't demand they turn a profit.

And if Lieberman saying no to the public option wasn't enough to make the left spit blood, maybe this new Lieberman story will take them over the edge.

"I probably will support some Republican candidates for Congress or Senate in the election in 2010. I'm going to call them as I see them," Lieberman said in an ABC News "Subway Series" interview aboard the U.S. Capitol Subway System. "There's a hard core of partisan, passionate, hardcore Republicans," Lieberman said. "There's a hard core of partisan Democrats on the other side. And in between is the larger group, which is people who really want to see the right thing done, or want something good done for this country and them -- and that means, sometimes, the better choice is somebody who's not a Democrat."

Looks like the GOP found their Arlen Specter.

It's especially fair when those who regulate you also have a bottomless pit of resources that don't demand they turn a profit.

And if Lieberman saying no to the public option wasn't enough to make the left spit blood, maybe this new Lieberman story will take them over the edge.

Looks like the GOP found their Arlen Specter.

I was reading an article from the New York Times today from Paul Krugman, and in this article he was criticizing Lieberman and suggesting he was being hypocritical, but I was reading the comments below the article, and it was hysterical, it appears that all the libertards are infuriated with him :worthy: . I have to admit, that definitely put a smile on my face :wallbash:

If the public option ever sees the light of day, I pray that the federal government brings to it the same depth of insight, careful monitoring, well-constructed budgeting, keen level of administration and fair-handed decision-making that characterizes Medicare.

It's obvious who Lieberman works for...or at least his wife. It is also true that 64 percent of Ct residents want a public option.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1296.xml?ReleaseID=1374

scroll down to 45

Sorry to burst your bubble, but:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29142.html

But these howls ring hollow. First, Lieberman is no stooge for the Connecticut-based insurance industry. In fact, in the past four years, his fellow Nutmeg State senator, Chris Dodd — who strongly favors the public option — has raised $1.25 million from insurance companies out of a total of $7.4 million (or 17 percent), while Lieberman has raised $427,000 from insurers out of $19.4 million (or 2.2 percent). Campaign cash doesn’t explain Lieberman’s opposition.

I guess that dispells the whole Begala Argument. :lol:

It's obvious who Lieberman works for...or at least his wife. It is also true that 64 percent of Ct residents want a public option.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1296.xml?ReleaseID=1374

scroll down to 45

Love the question, btw.

How about phrasing the question properly

"Would you support the public option, even if it meant that your taxes would go up?" - is the proper question for the poll.

Simply shocking that 88% of Democrats would answer "yes" to a free lunch.