Jet Blue question

bbb

If I make a reservation (for game 6 of the World Series) and it doesn't get played, I plan on going to NYC anyway a week later...........Am I reading their site right - it'll cost $100 for me to do that?

Call and check, they used to do it free of charge.

Déjà Vu in that post for me. In 2000 a group of us decided to head up to NYC for the 2nd weekend (Games 6 & 7). The Yanks spoiled it for us by sweeping the Mets. We still ended up having a pretty good time.

Go Phightins!

Pretty much any reservation change on any airline is getting up in the $100 range.

You have to be careful of that $14.99 trip insurance too...Many times, that is medical only...Personal change of plans does not exempt you from fees, even with the insurance.

This is exactly the deal, it turns out - I called both JetBlue and then the trip insurance company........I'll be heading to NY the following weekend, too, so at least if this happens, I will get some of it moved to the next flight, but it will cost me $100.

Otherwise, I would have done what HopsGuy did! And, same thing - game 7 is part of the plan, too.

About a month ago I checked on reservations with Jet Blue for Christmas. Tax tag and title it would have cost nearly 2000$ to take my family (4 of us) to Buffalo.

So much for an economy airline.

About a month ago I checked on reservations with Jet Blue for Christmas. Tax tag and title it would have cost nearly 2000$ to take my family (4 of us) to Buffalo.

So much for an economy airline.

Only airline (or maybe JetBlue and one other?) to turn a profit in Q2 of '09. They are by far the best airline in my book. But I think their business model has moved them well beyond the "economy" airline at this point, they are a major player.

Not sure where you are dib? Did I see a post that said you're in FL??? Anyways, if you are, and on the west coast, there is an airline Direct Air that flies out of a small airport in Punta Gorda, FL, DIRECT to Niagara Falls airport. Rates are extremely cheap, usually around $89 or $99 per leg, with the max around $169 per leg. It appears especially valuable if your travel dates are flexible and you can fly on "off" days (Tuesdays, etc.) I have never flown it and never been to the Punta Gorda airport (about 1 hr south of Tampa, 1 hour north of Naples) but I'm checking their rates for Xmas. I'm in Tampa and fly JetBlue religiously, but you're right, the Xmas rates (on all airlines) are extreme this year.

http://www.visitdirectair.com

Only airline (or maybe JetBlue and one other?) to turn a profit in Q2 of '09. They are by far the best airline in my book. But I think their business model has moved them well beyond the "economy" airline at this point, they are a major player.

Not sure where you are dib? Did I see a post that said you're in FL??? http://www.visitdirectair.com

thanks for the info, I'm just west of Ft. Lauderdale so it would be a haul to get to Tampa. Other than the fact that I hate flying, the term 'small airport' (i.e. puddle jumpers) gives me no comfort

thanks for the info, I'm just west of Ft. Lauderdale so it would be a haul to get to Tampa. Other than the fact that I hate flying, the term 'small airport' (i.e. puddle jumpers) gives me no comfort

Southwest flies out of Fort Lauderdale and charges no fee to change flights, however you are responsible for any difference in the fare. THey also do not charge for luggage which lowers the fee compared to other airlines.

Any "low cost" carrier, Jet Blue, AirTran, Southwest etc., does not have ticketing agreements with any other airlines.

If you have a long delay or a cancellation, you have to stay with the Airline that has your money. Sometimes that can delay you by days due to availability of seats. You have the equivalent of a cash register receipt, not an airline ticket.

American, Delta, United, and most of the International Carriers, have ticketing agreements whereby if they are delayed they can move you to another carrier, to get you to your destination. They're all electronic but they all have real ticket numbers, just like the old paper tickets, that are mostly transferable amoung the airlines that have ticketing agreements.

Everybody has "change fees." If you want to make a change, you pay. The airlines can waive them due to bad weather etc. but that's about it.

Oil is about $80 a barrel now, and there are a lot less flights flying because many planes have been parked in the various Arizona/California deserts, so you generally won't find the options that we used to see. If oil keeps going up there may be even fewer flights, as more planes are removed from service.

If I make a reservation (for game 6 of the World Series) and it doesn't get played, I plan on going to NYC anyway a week later...........Am I reading their site right - it'll cost $100 for me to do that?

I wanted to make Game 4 in philly but tix are absurd. 700 for standing room only. Unreal. I will watch my Yanks from the comfort of a leather couch. Unless ur offering me a ticket, ill buy beers! :devil: