Killer instinct still missing

Mark Vader

I do'nt want to complain after a win, I am thrilled that the Bills won yesterday, hell I can't believe they won 2 in a row on the road.

I must give credit to Dick Jauron, he had the team ready and very disciplined. Only 3 penalties IIRC?

However there is one thing missing from this team and I believe this comes from Dick Jauron's coaching.

I still do not see a killer instinct from this team.

Example:

When the Bills extended their lead to 14-2, the defense stopped the Panthers immediately and forced them to punt. The offense got the ball and then Fitzpatrick threw his best pass of the game. The deep ball to Lee Evans, and Evans caught it. It was a great play. We have'nt seen a deep pass thrown to Evans like that since the Tampa Bay game.

After that play the Bills had the Panthers on their heels. The Bills had a chance to deliver a knockout blow.

Instead, the Bills became complacent, and ran two straight running plays, one for a yard, and the other for a loss of three yards, then a short pass to Lynch. The Bills got the FG and lead 17-2.

This is a prime example of what is bad about Jauron as a coach. The Bills had the ball on the 16 yardline and they played for the FG. Did Jauron seriously think that running the ball in that situation would work, when it had'nt worked all day? Jauron played it safe and figured that a FG would be enough.

He was wrong. Sure enough on the next series the Panthers got a TD and it's 17-9.

I ask you all, how many thought that as soon as the Panthers got their TD, "Here we go again, the Bills are going to blow it now."

The Bills had a real opportunity to be up 21-2, and they did'nt even try.

Yes we won the game, and I'm glad they did. Once again though, Jauron showed us that their is no killer instinct on this team, and that is a reflection of Jauron.

I do'nt want to complain after a win, I am thrilled that the Bills won yesterday, hell I can't believe they won 2 in a row on the road.

I must give credit to Dick Jauron, he had the team ready and very disciplined. Only 3 penalties IIRC?

However there is one thing missing from this team and I believe this comes from Dick Jauron's coaching.

I still do not see a killer instinct from this team.

Example:

When the Bills extended their lead to 14-2, the defense stopped the Panthers immediately and forced them to punt. The offense got the ball and then Fitzpatrick threw his best pass of the game. The deep ball to Lee Evans, and Evans caught it. It was a great play. We have'nt seen a deep pass thrown to Evans like that since the Tampa Bay game.

After that play the Bills had the Panthers on their heels. The Bills had a chance to deliver a knockout blow.

Instead, the Bills became complacent, and ran two straight running plays, one for a yard, and the other for a loss of three yards, then a short pass to Lynch. The Bills got the FG and lead 17-2.

This is a prime example of what is bad about Jauron as a coach. The Bills had the ball on the 16 yardline and they played for the FG. Did Jauron seriously think that running the ball in that situation would work, when it had'nt worked all day? Jauron played it safe and figured that a FG would be enough.

He was wrong. Sure enough on the next series the Panthers got a TD and it's 17-9.

I ask you all, how many thought that as soon as the Panthers got their TD, "Here we go again, the Bills are going to blow it now."

The Bills had a real opportunity to be up 21-2, and they did'nt even try.

Yes we won the game, and I'm glad they did. Once again though, Jauron showed us that their is no killer instinct on this team, and that is a reflection of Jauron.

The CAR coaching was abysamal.