Notes and Musings...

Well, I thoroughly enjoy reading the bulleted observations that some of you post after the games. It's nice to get a glimpse of how someone else viewed the Bills performance, and, even if I don't always agree with the points being made, I still always enjoy reading posts of that style.

So I will throw my hat into the ring and try to do my own version each Monday after a game. Let's go!

-His hands can be seriously questioned but his speed cannot -- T.O. can still consistently run by corners, and I think we have witnessed this on a nearly weekly basis. Now, I won't claim we have a high probability of completing said attempts, given his giant frying pans and our QBs questionable accuracy, but I still see an elite burst from Owens and am not sure exactly what anyone is watching who claims he has been reduced to a possession receiver only.

-Fitz, at this point, gives this team a better chance to win than Trent -- and I'm not sure how this could be logically argued otherwise. He moves better in the pocket, sees the middle of the field and is capable of taking a simple drop and releasing the ball when it needs to be. Those reasons alone are plenty for me.

-My theory on the O-Line: I think we are going to continue to improve each week, and I'm holding out hope that this incredibly-young unit could still be the long-term future as it exists now. I think the reason we struggle with run blocking but are adequate in pass protect is simple. A young line means less time in a professional strength and conditioning program, which equates to less developed bodies. We aren't seeing the explosion in run blocking because they simply have not developed the raw strength it takes to get a consistent and explosive push. I think the talent is there, and, if they can stay intact everything else will come together.

-Jairus Byrd is fantastic. It's nice to have a first-day draft pick completely live up to and exceed the hyoe in the exact areas he was expected to provide help.

-Somehow, we have managed to develop a bit of a nasty streak on 4th and short. I have no idea why, as it completely defies all logic in regards to our defensive unit.

-Moorman and the coverage teams easily had their finest day. Maybe this is a sign that there's some cohesion on our special teams. Ahem, sorry Mr. Parrish, you are in fact done here.

-Poz is active, but he really does not provide any pop in the middle. I am increasingly underwhelmed with his athleticism and raw, play making ability.

-Once again, guys, it wasn't pretty, but Tricky Dick has inexplicably been able to make these guys compete. And, if we can get into the BYE at 4-4, with all our remaining divisional match-ups at home or in Rodgers, look out. This could be exciting.

Good day, and Go Bills! We're not circling yet, but we're starting to cluster.