• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. QB

2. OT

3. DL

4. LB

I say we dedicate all of our picks to these 4 positions...! Opinions? :censored:

I would say you pretty much hit it on the head. I might move LB up... think about if you tell Jarius Byrd that all he has to do is play the play the deep ball and look for turnover opportunities and not worry about run support. He could be phenomenal. Instead, they run right through the LB and he looks poor taking angles and tackling in the open field.

QB, Oline, LB, DL. Let the rookie battle Fitz in 2010.

1. QB

2. OT

3. DL

4. LB

I say we dedicate all of our picks to these 4 positions...! Opinions? :censored:

This is draft or free agency...

1. HC

2. QB

3. MLB

4. LT

That's really it. They're a coach, a QB, maybe a tackle (I haven't given up on Bell by any stretch), a hulking middle linebacker and little bit better of a pass rush away from being a very good football team. Sounds like a lot, but trust me, there are teams that are hurting a lot worse than us.

1. QB

2. OT

3. DL

4. LB

My only switch is to move LB to 3 and DL to 4. Our DE's are good enough and and our DT's are solid enough to be able to address QB, OT, and LB first.

1. QB

2. OT

3. DL

4. LB

I agree that this list accurately reflects our four greatest needs (although I might disagree with the order in which they are listed). I would add, however, that I am absolutely opposed to drafting a QB in round 1 regardless of the need. The bust potential is just too great and the high number of quality QB's that have been found in the later rounds (and free agency) suggests that a round 1 QB pick is too risky and unnecessary, especially with this team's other crying needs. I was hoping the team would use a late-round pick on a QB last year, but I guess you can never have too many DBs.

1. QB, OT, DL, LB, LB, LB

2. QB, OT, DL, LB, LB, LB

3. QB, OT, DL, LB, LB, LB

4. QB, OT, DL, LB, LB, LB

QB is obvious, as is both OT spots. Defensively, the line is adequate, but we need a monster in the middle.

LB is clearly the worst position. All three positions need real starters. Fabio is a kitty and doesn't care about head hunting. If you want a major league defense, we need a real MLB. Ellison is a fill in rotational player, and Mitchell is a borderline starter.... he wouldn't start on at least half the NFL teams.

1. QB

2. OT

3. DL

4. LB

I agree those four positions are our biggest needs. Let's see how a draft focusing only on those positions might look:

1. QB

2. LT

3. OLB

4. DL

5. OT

6. OT

7. best player available

I realize that DL is arguably a more important hole to fill than OLB. But I suspect that a 3rd round OLB is more likely to become a solid starter than a third round DL. To me, the latter factor outweighs the former. Take the OLB in the third round, fill that hole, and worry about the DL in 2011.

The problem with grabbing a DL in round 4 is that he'd be likely nothing more than a depth player. I'm not even sure where we'd put that depth player. Who's the one defensive lineman that we should focus on getting rid of? Is that guy bad enough that a fourth round pick would be a significant upgrade? You could make the argument that we have sufficient depth on the DL already. That the Bills should either use an early pick on a starting-quality DL, or shouldn't draft a DL at all.

The offensive tackles in rounds 5 and 6 are necessary, because it's become clear that guys like Bell, Meredith, etc. are unacceptable even as backups. It might make sense to avoid drafting the above-mentioned depth-DL, in order to take the depth OTs a round earlier.