Fitzpatrick - Dilfer comparison

So far from what I've seen from Fitzpatrick, he reminds me of when Trent Dilfer came in for the Ravens in the 2000 season. Dilfer wasn't a great QB and the offense stalled a lot during the game, but Dilfer made 2 to 3 key plays on offense and the Ravens won the game. So far, that's the same style we've seen from Fitzpatrick. Even though it's frustrating seeing that kind of play from our offense and QB, but if we keep winning games, I'll take it and hope the coaches don't screw it up like the Ravens did the following year bringing Grbac.

So far from what I've seen from Fitzpatrick, he reminds me of when Trent Dilfer came in for the Ravens in the 2000 season. Dilfer wasn't a great QB and the offense stalled a lot during the game, but Dilfer made 2 to 3 key plays on offense and the Ravens won the game. So far, that's the same style we've seen from Fitzpatrick. Even though it's frustrating seeing that kind of play from our offense and QB, but if we keep winning games, I'll take it and hope the coaches don't screw it up like the Ravens did the following year bringing Grbac.

I hear ya, although, I dont know if I would say Fitz is quite on that level yet. Dilfer actually got better and was solid as the year went on and had a good playoff run. A lot of people mock him, but he was actually pretty solid most of the season on a team that really had little offensive weapons outide of Lewis and Sharp. He wasnt going to make the Pro Bowl, but he was solid. Like you said, look what happened when they made the change next year to Grbac.

Another thing to take into consideration with Fitz is the fact that he's shown to be a better passer in the 2nd half of games.

1st half: 6/19 for 62 yards

2nd half: 15/25 for 177 yards

Hopefully he can get off to a better start this week with another full week of reps with the first team as we cant afford a slow start against Houstons offense

Hopefully he can get off to a better start this week with another full week of reps with the first team as we cant afford a slow start against Houstons offense

I agree. Hopefully, Fitz can connect more with the WR's. It was nice to see some good passes to the WR's yesterday.

At the risk of completely derailing this thread, does anyone else listen to Dilfer on Cowherd's show? The guys football analysis is fantastic and he provides a "Jaws" like insight. I'm really getting hooked on his commentary.

I haven't heard him on the Cowherd show specifically, but I have seen him on ESPN NFL Live. He's alright. It just annoys me when he constantly says "dime".

Example: "This pass that Matt Ryan throws here for a TD is an absolute dime."

I know that many TV sports personalities have their own schtick in an attempt to be unique, but this particular one doesn't do it for me.

At the risk of completely derailing this thread, does anyone else listen to Dilfer on Cowherd's show? The guys football analysis is fantastic and he provides a "Jaws" like insight. I'm really getting hooked on his commentary.

He is another guy who thinks Locker is the guy who best projects to the NFL in this years draft too. He loves this kid. I would love to see us take him