Miami Vice

Was watching some old episodes of Miami Vice on Hulu the other night, and my God, was the acting awful in that show. I mean, barely watchable. And yet, it was among the most iconic of 80s shows. Thank heavens the 80s ended. Now if we could just get douche-nozzle kids from popping their collars like it's the 80s, all of us old bastards could ride off into the sunset in peace...:censored:

Was watching some old episodes of Miami Vice on Hulu the other night, and my God, was the acting awful in that show. I mean, barely watchable. And yet, it was among the most iconic of 80s shows. Thank heavens the 80s ended. Now if we could just get douche-nozzle kids from popping their collars like it's the 80s, all of us old bastards could ride off into the sunset in peace...:thumbsup:

Nothing was spent on production back then. Today, many shows look like theatrical releases (The CSIs, Heroes, Lost, etc). Don Johnson looked better running around with Cheech because they could spend the money to do so.

Note the contrast with the same music, Dire Straits' "Brothers in Arms":

Miami Vice (Go to the 42:30 mark)

Was watching some old episodes of Miami Vice on Hulu the other night, and my God, was the acting awful in that show. I mean, barely watchable. And yet, it was among the most iconic of 80s shows. Thank heavens the 80s ended. Now if we could just get douche-nozzle kids from popping their collars like it's the 80s, all of us old bastards could ride off into the sunset in peace...:lol:

Don Johnson is doing what these days?

Was watching some old episodes of Miami Vice on Hulu the other night, and my God, was the acting awful in that show. I mean, barely watchable. And yet, it was among the most iconic of 80s shows. Thank heavens the 80s ended. Now if we could just get douche-nozzle kids from popping their collars like it's the 80s, all of us old bastards could ride off into the sunset in peace...:lol:

Doesn't take much to please an audience that has 3/4 of a gram of coke stuffed up each nostril.