NEW OFFENSE NEEDED

I really think we need a new OC with a new system. This system obviously is turning us into a laughing

stock. Keep AVP as quarterback coach but for the love of whatever you billieve get us some respectablity.

This was supposed to be the Martz offense greatest show on turf. Now we are the greatest Seinfeld episode on turf.

Why do you think we can't get receivers the ball? Why does MLynch get hit four yards in the backfield and just fights to get to the line of scrimmage? Our System is dreadfully flawed. Maybe Turk was right, let's add about 20 more complex plays during the bye week give our team a fighting chance. Our D can't carry this load all year.

Thank You for allowing me to vent during my lunch break.

I agree with you on all counts but good systems play to players strengths, it is tempting to say we have none but

we do have playmakers but don't know how to use them.

I'm sure our offense would look a lot better with a real OL, a real QB and and OC that wasn't hired a week before the season started.

I really think we need a new OC with a new system. This system obviously is turning us into a laughing

stock. Keep AVP as quarterback coach but for the love of whatever you billieve get us some respectablity.

This was supposed to be the Martz offense greatest show on turf. Now we are the greatest Seinfeld episode on turf.

Why do you think we can't get receivers the ball? Why does MLynch get hit four yards in the backfield and just fights to get to the line of scrimmage? Our System is dreadfully flawed. Maybe Turk was right, let's add about 20 more complex plays during the bye week give our team a fighting chance. Our D can't carry this load all year.

[sarcasm] Haven't you read the other threads? That was a "exciting as hell" game yesterday and we may be on our way to the playoffs! How are you getting "laughing stock" and "Seinfeld episode"? [/sarcasm] :censored:

agree. we clearly need a new offensive system. We have enough talent to be a lot more productive than we are. I disagree about the Turk comment - this is still his same offense and his offense last year looked the same - even if it had complex plays in it it didn't seem to matter. It's been very bad since Mularkey.

We used to have respectable offensive coordinators that we blamed for bad offense but in hindsight Bledsoe was probably the problem then Losman wasn't ready to play and wasn't good regardless. But the Fairchild offense that Turk and then AVP took over has been disastrous from the start.

Either way, not AVP's fault. Agree though overall offense if offensive! I think we're still one tackle and getting more experience away from a decent O line, and certainly QB play has been rather poor. Some of that is due to poor O-line, but not all. I also wouldn't be upset if we were to trade Lynch, though I doubt we'd get much in return.

those passes were thrown WAY too hard and off target. Those would have been great catches.

those passes were thrown WAY too hard and off target. Those would have been great catches.

But it's still the OC's fault.

The OC needs to understand the limitations of his players, QB included.

But you can't pin the blame of this putrid offense on any one thing. The OL is bad, the QB's are bad, the play calling has been marginal at best, there have been too many drops, we get out coached regularly ...

If this team is a laughing stock, what does that make the 11 other teams with worse records? Yeah, we're all sick of this lame excuse for football, but last time I checked, a good portion of this league sucks. It's not just the Bills.

If this team is a laughing stock, what does that make the 11 other teams with worse records? Yeah, we're all sick of this lame excuse for football, but last time I checked, a good portion of this league sucks. It's not just the Bills.

Very true. Look at the QB Ratings List as an example. Then correlate the teams record with their QB's position on this list.

The Bottom 10 for example:

Buf (TE)

Stl

Tam (Leftwich)

Det

Ten

NYJ

Car

Tam (Johnson)

Oak

Cle

Coincidence? I think not. The disparity between the good QB's and the bad ones is HUGE.

Coincidence? I think not. The disparity between the good QB's and the bad ones is HUGE.

there is a big disparity, but also the league has placed an emphasis on making the passing game more difficult to defend. As a result the rules make good quarterbacks even better and put more pressure on bad or inexperienced quarterbacks to make plays with their arms to keep their team in the game (leading to more turnovers and often bigger margins of defeat).

I really think we need a new OC with a new system.

Dude.... that would be no different than adding a new transmission to a 76 rusted out Chevy Vega with a bad engine burning oil.

The first thing that has to happen is Ralph having a moment of clarity, purging everyone in the FO first. Believe me, after that happens, you'll get your new OC, and more.

What happened to the screen passes we ran so well in Week 1?

I'm not saying we need to run them on every series, but a few screens might do wonders to help slow down the pass rush, jsut a little.

I don't think the team is a laughing stock, just the offensive system. I love the team and admire the players very much who work as hard as they can. It is just very frustrating to here players like Revis rip us for how bad our system is.