Keith Ellison

Give him credit, he does pursue well. If he could fill a gap, get off a block or come up and hit someone, he would be a solid player. Ellison shies away from hits sometimes, something that is unforgivable in my book.

I always knew he was pretty good but I was surprised to find him leading the NFL. We have two guys in the top 5 right now.

you are missing the point. He leads the team in tackles because he is a weak link that other teams choose to attack.

Back in the day when Deon Sanders was a shut down corner, he never defended a pass all game. That's because the other team tried to go after the weaker corner.

you are missing the point. He leads the team in tackles because he is a weak link that other teams choose to attack.

Back in the day when Deon Sanders was a shut down corner, he never defended a pass all game. That's because the other team tried to go after the weaker corner.

A+ post

And teams are running the crap out of the ball at the rate of 5+ YPC which drives up the tackle numbers for LBs.

How is he weaker than our other linebackers? Poz who's fresh off an injury and whoever our other guy is.

How is he weaker than our other linebackers? Poz who's fresh off an injury and whoever our other guy is.

Talk to the other team's OC... I'm just saying this guy is getting action on purpose, not because he's all over the field.

So you're bad if you get a lot of tackles?

I'm not really going to continue with this if you aren't going to bother to think any of this through. The tackle number is a meaningless statistic out of context. Stuffing someone behind the line of scrimmage is different than chasing down a guy 5-10 past the line of scrimmage who just caught a ball in your area. Both register "1" in the tackle column.

I'm not really going to continue with this if you aren't going to bother to think any of this through. The tackle number is a meaningless statistic out of context. Stuffing someone behind the line of scrimmage is different than chasing down a guy 5-10 past the line of scrimmage who just caught a ball in your area. Both register "1" in the tackle column.

I just don't think he's as bad as you make him out to be. If he's the weak link than he'd be missing those tackles.

I just don't think he's as bad as you make him out to be. If he's the weak link than he'd be missing those tackles.

Who says he isn't?

And does tackling someone from behind downfield all that impressive? Our defense allows a billion yards a game on the ground. Tom Brady threw at Keith Ellison about 10 times in a row on their way to victory.

Seriously.