Is it Necessarily That the Last 3 Opposing QBs Have Been Bad?

I think after awhile, it is not an accident. The strength of the Bills defense is amazingly its pass rush and its ball-hawking skills, both things that were lacking in past defenses. Amazing what a new DL coach and a playmaking FS can do.

Just because the run defense is terrible doesn't mean that the Bills defense is not doing a good - albeit unconventional - job at defense.

The word you are looking for is 'opportunistic.' The pass D (safeties) have been making good plays on balls that have been tipped or overthrown. Byrd in particular has been in the right place at the right time. It's possible to consider this luck, but it has been happening too often. I believe it is more his ability to read how the play is developing and putting himself in the right position. He seems to have very good instincts and can actually catch!

Our secondary may actually be good. But the rest of our D is not that great. John Fo pulled a "Jauron" by making Delhomme throw so much. Thank the Panthers for getting away from the run that we had trouble stopping.

PTR

Completely agree, with one minor suggested caveat. I thought Fox's strategy was more "Mularkey" than "Jauron" ... as in, ignore the completely obvious thing to do - continue to successfully run it right at us (one of the worst run Ds in the league) - and try to be cutesy. "They think we'll keep running because it's working, so let's trick 'em and pass."

Fox didn't have a great day, but at least he showed evidence of playing to win. When it's 4th down and your team is down 2 scores midway through the 4th quarter, you don't lay down and punt ... voluntarily conceding possession for field position with time running out.