Finally! Perry's Defenders are No Fools

VJ91

Nobody has less repsect for Perry "Fool" Fewell then me. I absolutely hate his 2 Gap 4-3 defense. But if only for this one game, out of these looooong 3 plus seasons of him coordinating the Bills D, I have to give him and his defense high profs. At times the Panthers ran some, and at times they passed some. But not once this entire game did I ever think the Bills could not keep the Panthers out of the end zone. They made big stops both against the run and the pass, and Fewell actually called some excellent blitzes at the right times.

Another 7-9-0 this season? His fourth consecutive one in charge of the D? Who knows? It certainly seems plausable. Especially if Fat Van Pelts' "pop gun" play calling and the abysmal play of the offensive line continue to do their damnest to wear out Brian Moorman's right leg.

But I am starting to like the effort and speed of Perry Fools footballers, (although I could still do with less over-persuing)and of course who doesn't love the amazing job Byrd and Wilson are doing backing up the starting safeties? :w00t::lol:

Nobody has less repsect for Perry "Fool" Fewell then me. I absolutely hate his 2 Gap 4-3 defense. But if only for this one game, out of these looooong 3 plus seasons of him coordinating the Bills D, I have to give him and his defense high profs. At times the Panthers ran some, and at times they passed some. But not once this entire game did I ever think the Bills could not keep the Panthers out of the end zone. They made big stops both against the run and the pass, and Fewell actually called some excellent blitzes at the right times.

Another 7-9-0 this season? His fourth consecutive one in charge of the D? Who knows? It certainly seems plausable. Especially if Fat Van Pelts' "pop gun" play calling and the abysmal play of the offensive line continue to do their damnest to wear out Brian Moorman's right leg.

But I am starting to like the effort and speed of Perry Fools footballers, (although I could still do with less over-persuing)and of course who doesn't love the amazing job Byrd and Wilson are doing backing up the starting safeties? :w00t::lol:

The Bills are primarily a Tampa 2 defense which is a one gap defense. Each member of the front 7 is primarily responsible for covering their own gap. It's been described as a defense where the linemen rush the passer through gaps and hopefully stop the runner if it happens to be a running play. What the Bills don't do much of is try to control their man and read and react. That is basically two gap technique.