lots of players to trade in the offseason

ishouldbegm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: you should not be GM.

Not knowing what to do with Whitner is a great problem to have. Like POZ, our defense plays better when he's in there. Interesting to see what unfolds when he and Scott are both healthy. But trade him? You're crazy.

Edwards is a great backup, no need to get rid of him.

And finally, quick update: NOBODY wants Parrish, at least not with his current contract. There will be no trading of Roscoe Parrish. I'd **** myself if the FO could pull that one off.

Parrish will be cut in the next week or two to make room for Hardy!

This post would be in the top 10 ever posted on TBD. Before you can trade someone, you have to find someone who wants them. There should be something like a One Month suspension from posting here on TBD when you start such a stupid post.

I hate to pick on any poster because I know people are trying, but the trade this person and cut this person type posts usually do not make much sense. First of all when were 3 relatively not great players traded for one 2nd round pick. A second round pick is a chance to get a really strong player who will play at a relatively low contract for several years. Jairus Byrd is a good example of that. Trades for high draft picks are pretty rare in the NFL although the Bills have had more than their share (Rob Johnson, Bledsoe, Peerless Price to Atlanta, Jason Peters). In most cases, with the possible exception of Peters, the team that gets the picks does much better. So most GMs are very wary of giving up big picks and most of the suggestions on this board will never fly.

The cut this guy threads usually don't make sense. Most teams don't cut someone unless they are beaten out by another player in camp. A lot of the money in contracts is paid up front, so even if someone is under performing there is not much incentive to cut a player. In some cases, such as Langston Walker, the team will cut someone who still could be useful. Then fans complain about that. The point is many wanted to cut say Kelsay, and he is clearly playing better than anyone else who was in training camp, opposite Schobel.