To Sum It Up

BillsNYC

Didn't see the game, but from what I've briefly read:

Defense played great

Offense sucked

We were outplayed but the other team made more mistakes

We played conservative at the end (which will cost us against better teams)

Byrd is Rookie of the Year

Basically a carbon copy of last week's win and the Cleveland Loss

Sound about right?

Defense played great

Offense sucked

Sound about right?

Actually, I'd disagree about the conservative at the end part. They threw the ball deep to Evans which set up a FG which was a good call. Once inside the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left the ran the ball...like they should have. No need to put the ball in the air there.

Defense played great

Offense sucked

Sound about right?

"defense played great" ..is a stretch--they hung in there.carolina shoulda stuck with the run.--and while the offense did certainly suck---at least fitz showed some guts out there and made a few good throws

Actually, I'd disagree about the conservative at the end part. They threw the ball deep to Evans which set up a FG which was a good call. Once inside the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left the ran the ball...like they should have. No need to put the ball in the air there.

Agree. As for the defense, once they got Carolina in an obvious passing mode they were able to get more pressure on Delhomme than I would have expected.

Defense played great

Offense sucked

Sound about right?

Defense was better against the run, but still yielded 425 yards. Delhomme is a turnover waiting to happen, and Buffalo capitalized on short fields. I did not see them sustain a drive all day.

Fewer penalties today, but Buffalo averaged 1.8 yards per carry and Fitzpatrick made a few plays but was generally inconsistent.

Bills played field position game and won. Carolina put 28 points on board last week and 20 points previous week but both teams have injury. Delhomme can put points on board but sometimes misreads defenses and teams with good hands can turn those balls into turnovers. The Bills had better depth and better game planning.

The offense remained inconsistent today. The only touchdowns were off of the opportunistic interceptions by Byrd. Several 3 and outs. Lee seemed to appear from nowhere in the second half while TO had his usual Buffalo game (8 or so passes his way, a couple drops, a couple missed opportunities deep). Neither back could get anything going. The line looked bad. Most noticeably on the edges. The Defense had another Rocky Balboa-esque performance. Took a beating up and down the field but held up towards our end of the field. Again, the interceptions by Byrd were major plays for the Bills. The D was helped by consistent minor injuries to Williams and Stewart as well as Delhomme making some questionable throws at times. D Line had a few sacks but nothing in the semblance of consistent pressure. Got killed on a couple 4th downs on Carolina's TD drive. Special teams looked good except for the last Lindell Kickoff. Very good coverage by Jenkins and Wendling. Solid returning by Freddy J.