5 year stability plan O line

zazie

MEredith Woods Hangartner Levitre Wood

Just think what they can be if they stay together and stay good.

It is rare to have that kind of young age parity across a line; not great for this year but going forward this could be special.

#1 meredith isn't a LT

#2 Wood can't play 2 OL spots at the same time

#3 I dont get this post

#1 meredith isn't a LT

#2 Wood can't play 2 OL spots at the same time

#3 I dont get this post

I think what he was trying to say is that there are some young pieces that show promise, like the rooks (Wood, Levitre, and Meredith), along with Hangman. I don't know who he meant would be playing RT, but I'd say Butler (although he's getting close to being called injury-prone). Meredith has the ability to play LT, but whether he ends up there next year is anyone's guess. And personally I think Wood moves to center next year with Hangman moving to RG.

And personally I think Wood moves to center next year with Hangman moving to RG.

I really hope not. Wood looks to me as if he can be a dominant, elite RG. He is a pure bruiser, which is what the position calls for. Levitre continues to remind me of Steinbach, and if I am correct this would give us a pair of extremely solid guards.

I also respectfully remind you wrt Hangartner that as much as I like our guards, they are rookies, and he is holding his own quite well despite some rookie errors. He is much better at OC than anything we have had there in some time.

If the team smartens up and drafts Tackles in lieu of defensive backs, they will be fine up front.

I think what he was trying to say is that there are some young pieces that show promise, like the rooks (Wood, Levitre, and Meredith), along with Hangman. I don't know who he meant would be playing RT, but I'd say Butler (although he's getting close to being called injury-prone). Meredith has the ability to play LT, but whether he ends up there next year is anyone's guess. And personally I think Wood moves to center next year with Hangman moving to RG.

Thats what I thought, but seeing Wood pull and run and I am rethinking the center thing... Wood is the real deal.. shame we didnt keep peters. what a line that would have been. stupid bills

MEredith Woods Hangartner Levitre Wood

It is rare to have that kind of young age parity across a line; not great for this year but going forward this could be special.

you've posted 985 times? age parity? is that Tiger Woods at left guard?

Guest dog14787

Stay good you say,

Every time I think O-line it makes me cringe, I want Russ Brandon to pay for his blunders because he completely ruined any chance of success this year and bringing in T.O. on top of it just goes to show how incompetent He is as acting GM :rolleyes:

I like T.O. but he's been useless with our O-line

Stay good you say,

Every time I think O-line it makes me cringe, I want Russ Brandon to pay for his blunders because he completely ruined any chance of success this year and bringing in T.O. on top of it just goes to show how incompetent He is as acting GM :rolleyes:

TO was a 100% marketing move to sell tickets, not win games. We are one more interior guy an a starting calliber LT of having a good OL. I like the idea of adding 2 starting caliber Ts, moving Butler back inside, and wood to center. Hang can spell any of the interior three spots, butler could slide outside, Merideth, Scott, and Bell could be back ups as well. The OL is still 2 players away.

TO was a 100% marketing move to sell tickets, not win games. We are one more interior guy an a starting calliber LT of having a good OL. I like the idea of adding 2 starting caliber Ts, moving Butler back inside, and wood to center. Hang can spell any of the interior three spots, butler could slide outside, Merideth, Scott, and Bell could be back ups as well. The OL is still 2 players away.

I would prefer to leave Butler at RT and draft a left and right tackle. At least they could start the season with an experienced OT and put in the rookie after Butler gets injured.

Guest dog14787

So we revamp the O-line and in the process nullify our useless group of WR's whom many thought was going to be one of the top groups of WR's in the league. :rolleyes:

Spending Millions of dollars on a couple of top notch WR's to do nothing.

I really hope not. Wood looks to me as if he can be a dominant, elite RG. He is a pure bruiser, which is what the position calls for. Levitre continues to remind me of Steinbach, and if I am correct this would give us a pair of extremely solid guards.

I also respectfully remind you wrt Hangartner that as much as I like our guards, they are rookies, and he is holding his own quite well despite some rookie errors. He is much better at OC than anything we have had there in some time.

If the team smartens up and drafts Tackles in lieu of defensive backs, they will be fine up front.

I'd be fine with Wood, Levitre, and Hangman staying where they are. I just thought the ultimate plan was having Wood move to center.

As for tackles, I'd still like to see how Bell (who despite being inexperienced himself, was put in a tough position to begin with and is also starting next to a rookie) and Meredith fare over the course of the season, as well as how Butler looks coming back. I think that they'll at least have a decent starting RT, but I'm leery of spending a high pick on a LT.

Injury prone? He got submarined from behind and blew out his ACL...

Stay good you say,

Amen. But wait I thought it was all Trent's fault????

Stay good you say,

you are evaluating Russ are the wrong set of criteria

he got a big bonus for cutting $15 mil out of salary which he did not reinvest in players - so it went right to Ralph's pocket.

Ralph is happy camper - big plus there

Russ gets big bonus for saving for Ralph money - big plus there

too bad you are concerned more with the product on the field than these 2

or you may see things differently too

I'd be fine with Wood, Levitre, and Hangman staying where they are. I just thought the ultimate plan was having Wood move to center.

As for tackles, I'd still like to see how Bell (who despite being inexperienced himself, was put in a tough position to begin with and is also starting next to a rookie) and Meredith fare over the course of the season, as well as how Butler looks coming back. I think that they'll at least have a decent starting RT, but I'm leery of spending a high pick on a LT.

"but I'm leery of spending a high pick on a LT."

you are correct.

why waste premium picks on the OL when they can be spent on small DBs to play 10 yards off the ball.

the Bills should continue with the same plan they have used for the last 15 years -

where they pick up scrubs, castoffs and end of the draft rookies-

give them inept coaching and then cross their fingers and

expect them to play as a top flight OL.

how can you argue with the success the Bills have had at fielding such an awesome OL? :rolleyes:

"but I'm leery of spending a high pick on a LT."

you are correct.

why waste premium picks on the OL when they can be spent on small DBs to play 10 yards off the ball.

the Bills should continue with the same plan they have used for the last 15 years -

where they pick up scrubs, castoffs and end of the draft rookies-

give them inept coaching and then cross their fingers and

expect them to play as a top flight OL.

how can you argue with the success the Bills have had at fielding such an awesome OL? :beer:

but but but but mike williams? :rolleyes:

I think it is too soon to dump anyone on the O line. Bell had a horrendous outing 2 wks ago(??), and Levitre got pushed around in the first few weeks, but they are still 1st year players. Meredith held up well last week, but it is reasonable to assume he'll eventually have a bad outing. The Bills are starting 4 1st year players expect growing pains, and hope they improve.