Golden Tate

Estro

I watch college football a little here and there when there's a good game on. Nothing like the NFL, but enough to watch certain players and wonder where they'll stack up in the NFL. So the past few weeks the guy that has really caught my eye is Golden Tate, the WR from Notre Dame. I have to admit I don't know much about him other than what I've seen this season.

His size looks a bit small by NFL standards, but his hands are unbelievably good. He also has a tendency to keep the ball away from his body when he catches it, which seems odd, but looks very impressive nonetheless. Is there anyone out there who knows where he stacks up as a pro prospect? With his strong hands it seems to me a team like the Bills, who play a lot of games in inclement weather would really value a receiver like that.

If you haven't watched him play yet, check out ND"s future games, #23. He's a junior, I believe, but if he contines to play like what I've seen, he will be in next years' draft, especially if Clausen leaves.

I watch college football a little here and there whne there's a good game on. Nothing like the NFL, but enough to watch certain players and wonder where they'll stack up in the NFL. So the past few weeks the guy that has really caught my eye is Golden Tate, the WR from Notre Dame. I have to admit I don't know much about him other than what I've seen this season.

His size looks a bit small by NFL standards, but his hands are unbelievably good. He also has a tendency to keep the ball away from his body when he catches it, which seems odd, but looks very impressive nonetheless. Is there anyone out there who knows where he stacks up as a pro prospect? With his strong hands it seems to me a team like the Bills, who play a lot of games in inclement weather would really value a receiver like that.

If you haven't watched him play yet, check out ND"s future games, #23. He's a junior, I believe, but if he contines to play like what I've seen, he will be in next years' draft, especially if Clausen leaves.

Tate is pretty good, but Michael Floyd is the better receiver. Unfortunately Floyd was injured and may not be back until late November.

Tate is VERY good. He's a good route runner, has great quickness, and has the speed to break away from DB's. He does seem to drop some passes from time to time. I saw him drop what would've been a 70 yard TD pass against Michigan and they lost by less than a TD. He also dropped a 2nd TD pass that game, but they ended up scoring anyway. Against Michigan St he dropped what would've been another long TD pass. He has his moments, but he also makes some outstanding catches that require every ounce of concentration along the sidelines and in the back of the endzone. Tate also runs with power that you don't see from most WR's. He bounces off DB's and LB's alike with ease it seems all the while without any fumbling issues. The scary thing is, Floyd is even better than Tate like Vader said. Both will likely end up being 1st round picks when they enter the draft.

As a ND fan I will tell you I would be thrilled to have Golden in a Bills uni. Like a few have said though I would rather have Floyd. Both are insanely good. The thing about Tate that hasn't been mentioned here yet though is he is one of those freak athlete type of players. Will do anything you ask him to and do it well. Weis likes to put him at running back a few times when Armando Allen gets tired. Looks good there too. Last season, I believe it was him, absolutely crushed a corner after an INT too. So I have reason to believe that if they wanted him to he could play D as well.