While we're talking about possible GMs for the Billls...

Floyd Reese was General Manager of the Oilers/Titans for 13 years. He accumulated 111 wins during that time. He drafted Steve McNair, Jevon Kearse, and Eddie George among many other quality players.

As a player, "Reese was one of UCLA's tri-captains as well as All-Pac-8. He was voted to the Los Angeles Times All-Time UCLA team in 1970. Reese played in the Hula Bowl after his senior season and was voted the game's outstanding lineman." He went on to play in the CFL.

Reese coached in major college football at UCLA and Georgia Tech. He was an assistant in the NFL as a strength and conditioning coach, linebackers coach, and defensive coordinator for the 1984 Minnesota Vikings.

He went from coaching into administration. The guy is a football guy through and through.

He's presently in his first year as Senior Football Advisor for the New England Patriots who hired him after Scott Pioli left.

His Wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Reese

His drafting record as General Manager (1994-2006): http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/oti.htm

With our earlier thread about Bruce Allen, here's one personnel guy who might have better credentials. Reese is 60 years old and has expressed a desire to become a NFL GM again.

He has said he wants to be a GM again. And doesn't it make him even more attractive that he's spent time hanging out with Belichick?

I'm not sure. Obviously I'd take anyone with any winning record right now, but its reallllly easy to play devil's advocate with this one. I just don't see how the move is anything that will look good in his eyes.

I'm not sure. Obviously I'd take anyone with any winning record right now, but its reallllly easy to play devil's advocate with this one. I just don't see how the move is anything that will look good in his eyes.

why would scott pioli take a GM job with the chiefs? they were, and probably still are worse than the bills.

why would scott pioli take a GM job with the chiefs? they were, and probably still are worse than the bills.

That's a solid point. Pioli, had no career though, and was only 44. A GM position seemed the only correct move. Reese has been a successful GM, and perhaps enjoys being a senior advisor.

I don't know really how to argue your point though, other than that. Let's just say I'll be shocked if this dude welcomes an interview for the job.

That's a solid point. Pioli, had no career though, and was only 44. A GM position seemed the only correct move. Reese has been a successful GM, and perhaps enjoys being a senior advisor.

I don't know really how to argue your point though, other than that. Let's just say I'll be shocked if this dude welcomes an interview for the job.

he'll probably interview, but leave town with no contract...

then he'll sign in st. louis or another equally crappy team that offered him more money to be GM

Is there any reason to think the Bills will hire a real Gm?

abbbsolutely none.

do we really think Brandon will be fired? He has been AMAZING at marketing this team. Granted he is COO not technically GM. The only way we considering hiring a GM is if Ralph makes it clear the GM is in charge of all football personnel decisions only and ralph then get's rid of his salary cap guys....

bottom line - he'll find a senior scout and maybe vp of football operations. he's too loyal to who he has there that he won't fire anyone outside of maybe modrak and guy, and i really only think Guy and Jauron are going to go.

NO. From the best we can tell RW was solidly behind DJ coming back for another year ($ reasons of course) but others in the organization were not convinced. I would expect Brandon made a strong case for firing DJ and being allowed to bring in his own HC (with RW's approval of course). Brandon probably even said he could recoup the money in merchandise and other sales. So after this season if the team does poorly Brandon will be in the strong position of saying see I told you so DJ should have been canned last year. I see RW saying OK go out and get us some coaches to look at. I don't see why Brandon gets fired. He can make the case that it was mostly DJ's fault that we had a bad record this year and he had wanted to replace him. I see Modrak and Guy also going before Brandon.

So again this is the type of thing where FANS say RW has to blow this whole thing up. No he doesn't. More likely Brandon is STRONGER next year than this year.

Personally I'm interested in seeing Guy gone. He's the one in charge of scouting/signing the NFL FA's.(If I recall correctly) And so far I haven't been impressed by his track record. On the other hand I am interested in seeing how much of a say Buddy Nix is going to have this offseason.

Not really. By virtue of the owner's advanced age, the Bills cannot make long term plans at GM and HC. Sure, they've got to have a HC and team on the field, but it's not necessary to put together a competent front office.

The team's priority right now is to make sure the team is financially as attractive as possible to sell. It's why DJ remains a HC in this league, while several other more accomplished coaches are fired. To send DJ packing would mean paying two men as HC, which isn't helping the bottom line for this year or potentially in the future if the owner were to pass.

Floyd Reese should definitely be on the bills short list......we need a proven talent evaluator badly. As far as why Pioli left the Patriots?.....to get out from underneath Belicheats thumb, who probably heavily shared in the decision making......also more money from KC.