Bills - Panthers preview

Lori

Good job as always, Lori.

I look for Carolina to utilize their running game to win the TOP and the game in a relatively low scoring affair. If the Bills are up by a TD or more, Delhomme will be forced to throw and Buffalo's suddenly ball-hawkish defense could spell the difference. Fitz will have had a weeks worth of work with the starters and seems more prone to put the ball into tighter and deeper coverage than Edwards. This could mean bigger roles for Evans and Owens which may open things up for Jackson and Lynch. Buffalo's last-ranked run defense will have its hands full with Carolina's number 8 run offense. If Buffalo can stop the Carolina running game , this could be a very interesting, and winnable game for the Bills.

Good job as always, Lori.

I look for Carolina to utilize their running game to win the TOP and the game in a relatively low scoring affair. If the Bills are up by a TD or more, Delhomme will be forced to throw and Buffalo's suddenly ball-hawkish defense could spell the difference. Fitz will have had a weeks worth of work with the starters and seems more prone to put the ball into tighter and deeper coverage than Edwards. This could mean bigger roles for Evans and Owens which may open things up for Jackson and Lynch. Buffalo's last-ranked run defense will have its hands full with Carolina's number 8 run offense. If Buffalo can stop the Carolina running game , this could be a very interesting, and winnable game for the Bills.

Good take, Fishfinder. Sure you shouldn't be writing these instead? :rolleyes:

P.S.: hangin' with Ken, Scott, Aussie, Cowgirls Fan, and Jay. Saw Sully at the team hotel, made a wisecrack about his WGR t-shirt. And drunk posting is probably NOT a good idea, so maybe I'd better catch y'all in the morning instead. :beer:

Thanks, Lori.

Were we the Panthers first ever regular season win? I seem to recall they beat us in their inagural season..

I hope the Bills make it a VERY Happy Birthday for you!

Nope. Bills rolled the Panthers -- 31-9, I think -- in that game at Rich Stadium. Only Panthers win in the series was the last meeting, in 2005.

Good take, Fishfinder. Sure you shouldn't be writing these instead? <_<

P.S.: hangin' with Ken, Scott, Aussie, Cowgirls Fan, and Jay. Saw Sully at the team hotel, made a wisecrack about his WGR t-shirt. And drunk posting is probably NOT a good idea, so maybe I'd better catch y'all in the morning instead. :thumbsup:

Nope....that's your job! Used to do the old "Spy on the East (Dolphins mole)" column though. If anyone were to have a slot here for me to bloviate however...... <_<