Saturday Afternoon Horror Shows

Chef Jim

As a kid in the early 70's I used to love to watch the local Saturday afternoon show on one of the local Buffalo stations that showed really bad horror movies but they used to scare the **** out of me. Anyone remember them and who hosted them? Was it the "invisible" man or something like that? My wife just bought a six-pack of Hammer Films movies with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee that were a staple of that show. We're going to watch them tonight but they just take me back to a great time in my life. Those dark rainy Saturday afternoons with stakes being driven into the "undead". Man I love Halloween.

i remember monster movie matinee in syracuse in the 70's....hate horror movies, but remember that very fondly

As a kid in the early 70's I used to love to watch the local Saturday afternoon show on one of the local Buffalo stations that showed really bad horror movies but they used to scare the **** out of me. Anyone remember them and who hosted them? Was it the "invisible" man or something like that? My wife just bought a six-pack of Hammer Films movies with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee that were a staple of that show. We're going to watch them tonight but they just take me back to a great time in my life. Those dark rainy Saturday afternoons with stakes being driven into the "undead". Man I love Halloween.