Shirley this can't be serious

/dev/null

Funny just this week I was talking with one of my co-workers and he was telling me never take a red eye flight because they usually put on the third stringers and he's heard stories of pilots falling asleep and overshooting the airport. But this may be a different situation altogether.

Oh, and don't call me Shirley.

No matter what the "reason(s)" they broke all kinds of protocols.

1) FLY the Airplane. These planes are so automated that you sometimes need to be a better typist than pilot, but somebody needs to be ahead of the plane.

2) You never get handed off from one Controller to another without a "contact ..... on ...... That gets repeated and if you can't raise the next Controller, you go back to the last one and confirm the radio frequency.

3) If you really do lose voice communication you still proceed to you destination via your flight planned route. Obviously that didn't exactly happen either.

They flew far enough that a lot of the Cockpit Voice recorder conversation will have been lost. They run on a 30 minute loop of tape and normally the "last" :30 is sufficient but in this case the radio and cockpit communication beyond the :30 loop will be gone.

These people were "experienced" and blew a 0.00 Breathalizer at MSP so you make the call!

Wouldn't the flight attendants have noticed something was wrong about a half hour after the scheduled arrival and contacted the cockpit? At the very least, they should have heard a "beginning descent" announcement. I've never been on a flight that left on time where there was no communication from the captain about arriving late.

Maybe it's time the flight attendants are tasked with checking on the cockpit at prescribed intervals.

Wouldn't the flight attendants have noticed something was wrong about a half hour after the scheduled arrival and contacted the cockpit? At the very least, they should have heard a "beginning descent" announcement. I've never been on a flight that left on time where there was no communication from the captain about arriving late.

Maybe it's time the flight attendants are tasked with checking on the cockpit at prescribed intervals.

I think Obama should appoint an airline alertness Czar.

When the aircraft had stopped, the male seated in the pilot seat turned, looked at me and gave me two thumbs up and shook his head indicating all was OK."

:cry: stupid :cry: stupid :beer: stupid :huh:

:wallbash: Now they are going to have to change the secret code so terrorists don't know it. :wallbash: