Why the broncos suck

Maybin SHOULD be playing LB'er. The Bills have, and have had, a need there, and they have Ellis, who has been inactivate every weekend, who they could play at DE. And if you notice, most of the rookie college DE's are playing LB this year, like Orakpo, Ayers, English, etc. The notable exception is 3rd overall pick Tyson Jackson, who has started 5 of his 6 games, and hasn't registered a sack or more than a handful of tackles. And he was a Scott Pioli pick.

Way to early to say this Thoner......Orakapo was more NFL ready

Exactly. Thats why you draft him. He is an NFL ready DE - in a must win year for Dick.

Why take a flyer on Maybin when the best you can hope for is him becoming the player Orakpo already is? I am tired of 1st round projects who suck for 3 years then leave via FA. You are drafting the the top 11, that player should be a day 1 starter. I mean Crabtree is starting for the 49ers this week after a 4 month hold out and 2 weeks of practice. Sorry if I expect more from our selections.

Maybin SHOULD be playing LB'er. The Bills have, and have had, a need there, and they have Ellis, who has been inactivate every weekend, who they could play at DE. And if you notice, most of the rookie college DE's are playing LB this year, like Orakpo, Ayers, English, etc. The notable exception is 3rd overall pick Tyson Jackson, who has started 5 of his 6 games, and hasn't registered a sack or more than a handful of tackles. And he was a Scott Pioli pick.

All the guys you listed, except for Orakpo, are 3-4 guys - with Jackson being the only end. Maybin is a 3-4 LBers, so I think the comparison is unfair. But considering Orakpo is a much better pass rusher, and has proven to be a good LBer too, really makes you wonder who the Bills employ as scouts.... as if we didnt have enough evidence of their ineptness already.

All the guys you listed, except for Orakpo, are 3-4 guys - with Jackson being the only end. Maybin is a 3-4 LBers, so I think the comparison is unfair. But considering Orakpo is a much better pass rusher, and has proven to be a good LBer too, really makes you wonder who the Bills employ as scouts.... as if we didnt have enough evidence of their ineptness already.

True, the Broncos and Chargers are 3-4 teams, but the Redskins, for whom Orakpo plays, are not.

Exactly. Thats why you draft him. He is an NFL ready DE - in a must win year for Dick.

Why take a flyer on Maybin when the best you can hope for is him becoming the player Orakpo already is? I am tired of 1st round projects who suck for 3 years then leave via FA. You are drafting the the top 11, that player should be a day 1 starter. I mean Crabtree is starting for the 49ers this week after a 4 month hold out and 2 weeks of practice. Sorry if I expect more from our selections.

BO has 3 sacks against the absolutely worst teams in football.

Maybin/Ayers who cares. Orakpo is outplaying the both of them as far as PT and production, and is playing 2 positions LB and DE. He was the right pick at 11 if our Bills wanted to take the DE route, which was the obvious choice to everyone in the world expect for Kiper and McShay. There was no doubt in April, there is no doubt now, and something tells me that there will be little doubt in ten years. Now I wouldnt be upset if the Bills took an LT, but to take a DB sized DE like we did?

Mike Mayock is the only guy worth **** as for as these ESPN draft idiots go.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

Rated both Orakpo and Maybin as LBs, but look at how he placed them.

"Aaron Maybin Penn State Can he sustain 250 pounds or stop the run?" - No.

Agreed...

I know Mayock was REAL high on Ayers...He's the 1st one that brought Ayers to my attention showing clips of him destroying everyone at the Sr. Bowl Practices...I know he was not as high on Maybin believing he could not stand up vs. the Run as a 4-3 DE...I said before the Draft I would be happy with any of the 3 (Orakpo, Ayers, and Maybin) because I thought they would all help in the Pass Rush area...Thought...

Now, I did not expect Maybin to miss most of the Pre Season...That did not help him for certain...And it's pretty obvious the Bills Coaches don't have a clue how to use him yet...That's not making it easy either...But the fact that he was 3rd of the 3 on Mayocks Board, and 1st of the 3 on McShay's Board was truely troubling to me when The Bills called his name...Cause I don't think McShay is in Mayock's league as a talent evaluator...Not even close...The funny thing is McShay LOVED Maybin and praised the Bills for Drafting him...He compares Maybin to Jason Taylor all the time...But he forgets to mention the Bills play a 4-3...Oh well...

That being said I think IF The Bills move to a 3-4 next year with the new Coaching Staff Maybin will fit in perfectly as an OLB in a 3-4...I think He'll shine there cause He does have pretty obvious ability, drive, etc...He seems like he gets it...I just don't think he's a 4-3 DE, or OLB...And I'm not sure he ever will be either...He's just not a fit for a 4-3...

Just My opinion though... :cry: