Why the broncos suck

and they seem to know what to do with their rookies. Ayers of Tennessee starting at outside linebacker? Hmm...who did we draft?

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13591476#

You're right. Ayers' 7 tackles and failure to beat out the immortal Mario Haggan for a starting spot is way more impressive than Maybin's 3 tackles.

http://www.nfl.com/players/robertayers/profile?id=AYE577722

irony- the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

In other words...the broncos don't really suck. They drafted wisely in picking Ayers (who along with Oher of the Ravens was one of my faves for a first round choice) and a very good running back and are playing a passle of rookies who are on a team with considerably more wins than we have. They don't really suck in that they bring their rookies along with regular rookie meetings and heavy duty attention. They don't really suck because they have good coaching. They don't really suck because they have a good offensive line. The Bills on the other hand (and the allusion to suck is supposed to underline that point...suckiness in the context of teams such as the Ravens and Broncos) are the epitome of suckitude. They are commiting suckicide. They should get the Vince Suckardi trophy.

They have been the biggest suckcess in the nfl so far this season and if they don't start doing some things right soon, will have one of the worst seasons ever.

On the good side. I think we have a good defense, many of the losses were caused by bonehead mistakes and we have the talent to be a mediocre to good team and there is still enough time laugh to salvage the season.

Yeah, Ayers is not starting yet. He's behind Hagan at left outside linebacker and also backs up Dumervil at ROLB. He has gotten lots of playing time though.

I wanted the Bills to draft Ayers as some of you remember but I viewed him as a prototype defensive end. Denver has had him lose about ten pounds (273 to 260) so he could play rushbacker in their scheme. Personally I think he's being misused but the reviews on his play have been good so far. Still expect him to be a star in the NFL.

As for Maybin, all of our fears about him (lack of strength, lack of counter-moves, reliance solely on speed) have been true so far. At the very least, Ayers is a rock against the run. And IMO he'll develop into a great pass rusher when given more snaps.

irony- the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

In other words...the broncos don't really suck. They drafted wisely in picking Ayers (who along with Oher of the Ravens was one of my faves for a first round choice) and a very good running back and are playing a passle of rookies who are on a team with considerably more wins than we have. They don't really suck in that they bring their rookies along with regular rookie meetings and heavy duty attention. They don't really suck because they have good coaching. They don't really suck because they have a good offensive line. The Bills on the other hand (and the allusion to suck is supposed to underline that point...suckiness in the context of teams such as the Ravens and Broncos) are the epitome of suckitude. They are commiting suckicide. They should get the Vince Suckardi trophy.

They have been the biggest suckcess in the nfl so far this season and if they don't start doing some things right soon, will have one of the worst seasons ever.

On the good side. I think we have a good defense, many of the losses were caused by bonehead mistakes and we have the talent to be a mediocre to good team and there is still enough time laugh to salvage the season.

I mean, I understand the irony of this thread and the other ones you start like it.

The thing I don't understand is that no one is really arguing that Broncos (or the Ravens) suck.

Let's try this again... I was saying one thing (they suck) to emphasize th opposite (they don't suck because they drafted well, coach well and play well) which in turn should emphasize that we suck because we drafted poorly have been coaching poorly and don't play very well.) I don't think the Ravens suck either. In fact the Broncos may actually play the Ravens in the SuperBowl. We on the other hand will be playing the Rams in the suck bowl if we don't wake up soon.

Best move they made was dumping their loser QB and getting all those high draft picks + a winner QB in return. Too bad the Bills couldn't have done the same thing with J.P. :censored:

Maybe they'll get it right with Trent.

Let's try this again... I was saying one thing (they suck) to emphasize th opposite (they don't suck because they drafted well, coach well and play well) which in turn should emphasize that we suck because we drafted poorly have been coaching poorly and don't play very well.) I don't think the Ravens suck either. In fact the Broncos may actually play the Ravens in the SuperBowl. We on the other hand will be playing the Rams in the suck bowl if we don't wake up soon.

Broncos v. Ravens in the Superbowl eh? So which team is switching conferences? :censored:

(If you wrote that on purpose as some sort of addition to the irony joke thing...I apologize)

Broncos vs. Ravens in the Superbowl? I wonder what the odds are on that bet. A long shot for certain!

Broncos vs. Ravens in the Superbowl? I wonder what the odds are on that bet. A long shot for certain!

Now there's your irony - someone suggesting the Bills' FO doesn't know what they're doing in one breath then suggesting the Broncos and Ravens may play each other in the Super Bowl with his next.

Now there's your irony - someone suggesting the Bills' FO doesn't know what they're doing in one breath then suggesting the Broncos and Ravens may play each other in the Super Bowl with his next.

Tis an onion busting bonanza in this thread! OP busts Broncos onions and now subsequent posters bust OP's onions for suggesting an ALL AFC Superbowl as part of his defense of original busting of the onions. Truly an irony wrapped in an oxymoron, tied together with a ribbon of riddles!

Let's try this again... I was saying one thing (they suck) to emphasize th opposite (they don't suck because they drafted well, coach well and play well) which in turn should emphasize that we suck because we drafted poorly have been coaching poorly and don't play very well.)

yeah, beating around the bush doesn't work in a text based format. Just say what you mean.

Broncos drafted well

They are a good team

Bills didn't draft as well

they are a bad team.

All this reverse and backwards talk is just silly.

Maybin/Ayers who cares. Orakpo is outplaying the both of them as far as PT and production, and is playing 2 positions LB and DE. He was the right pick at 11 if our Bills wanted to take the DE route, which was the obvious choice to everyone in the world expect for Kiper and McShay. There was no doubt in April, there is no doubt now, and something tells me that there will be little doubt in ten years. Now I wouldnt be upset if the Bills took an LT, but to take a DB sized DE like we did?

Mike Mayock is the only guy worth **** as for as these ESPN draft idiots go.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=090...mp;confirm=true

Rated both Orakpo and Maybin as LBs, but look at how he placed them.

"Aaron Maybin Penn State Can he sustain 250 pounds or stop the run?" - No.