Tailgating Under Fire

KD in CA

"

Worse, CMU isn't letting any cars leave the parking lot until the third quarter. Reduces congestion, the school says. Isn't that kidnapping?

Terrified mom: "Please let me go! My baby's climbed out onto the roof of my house!"

Cop: "Sorry, ma'am. Still 1:48 left in the half."

"

:censored:

The one thing I hate the most about Canada is our stupid liquor laws (put in place by liquor lobbyists manipulating MADD Canada to drive their agenda) that essentially BAN tailgating.

Fortunately, Canadian cops take a suspicious "blind-eye" during big sporting events. At the CFL Grey Cup a few years ago, the police were going around and telling people to poor their alcohol into cups so they could get away with it. All they asked in return for them leaving us alone was to behave ourselves and not act rowdy.

The "tailgating" at last year's Bills in TO game was absolutely PATHETIC. My friend and I took one look around and said: "This is why the NFL will never come to Canada." I know myself and other Canadian Bills fans would much rather drive to Buffalo and tailgate with our US brethren than sit through the schlock they pass off as a pre-game party in Toronto.

That's the first good article Reilly has written in a loooooong while. Well done. Except for the breathalyzer idea...c'mon.

It's one thing when universities piss all over their own students (nothing new), but expanding this to the realm of professional sports is beyond ridiculous. The NFL has already priced out most of its once base market. This is just another step towards alienation.