Our Government at Work

Chef Jim

I had an employee who came to me awhile ago and had to resign. The reason was he bought a house in Sacramento and he couldn't commute the two hours to my office here. So he applies for unemployement and was awarding it. The reason we were given? He had to move to Sacramento and we don't have an office there? :wallbash:

The problem? Our liberal (and I mean both sides) government is afraid to say know to people with their hands out.

I had an employee who came to me awhile ago and had to resign. The reason was he bought a house in Sacramento and he couldn't commute the two hours to my office here. So he applies for unemployement and was awarding it. The reason we were given? He had to move to Sacramento and we don't have an office there? :wallbash:

:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't a CYA decision by California, on the principle that if they don't award the unemployment they end up leaving themselves and you open to a discrimination lawsuit arguing that he was discriminated against based on the neighborhood he lived in. I'm not saying that's a good justification...but I could see CA using it.

BTW, Chef...I'll soon be suing you for discrimination, since you won't hire me and let me live in DC... :lol:

:wallbash:

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't a CYA decision by California, on the principle that if they don't award the unemployment they end up leaving themselves and you open to a discrimination lawsuit arguing that he was discriminated against based on the neighborhood he lived in. I'm not saying that's a good justification...but I could see CA using it.

BTW, Chef...I'll soon be suing you for discrimination, since you won't hire me and let me live in DC... :lol:

Come on man. It had nothing to do with where he lived.

It was because he was Chinese.

:wallbash:

You don't live in DC

Wait... Even I am missing something. Where was he forced to move... To where your office is right? And then he picked Sacramento, right? Which is far from SF (where you are).

I agree with you, that is just wrong... Some parts of the gov't are really screwed up!

He wasn't forced to move anywhere. More details on the story. He came to me one day and said he had just bought a house so he could move his family of four out of the basement apartment where he was living. Congratulations were in order and given. When I asked where he moved he said Sacramento. My reaction? :wallbash: Um, how do you plan on doing that? It's two hours away. He said he could commute on Monday and Friday. I asked him who told him he only needed to be in the office Monday and Friday. Our reps have flexible schedules but he was brand new and really needed to be in the office every day for training but we have scheduled meetings every Monday and Friday so coming in on just those two days wouldn't cut it. So he resigned.

Doesn't matter. We don't have an office there either. Hey anyone living in Batavia want to jump on the gravy train?

And like I said...that's discriminatory. I'm suing.

Of course, I should apply for a job first...but considering only people who apply for jobs discriminates against those who don't. So I'm suing again.

And like I said...that's discriminatory. I'm suing.

Of course, I should apply for a job first...but considering only people who apply for jobs discriminates against those who don't. So I'm suing again.

You know we joke about **** like this but we know the courts are clogged with it.