FHA & Government backed improvement home loan

Beerball

im sorry, but arent borrowers made aware of how much their monthly payment is going to be BEFORE they get this far?

yeah, the FHA was stupid for approving, but who in their right mind even tries to do something so financially stupid?

government = stupid

people = stupid

how do we even start fixing this when parties on both side are retarded?

im sorry, but arent borrowers made aware of how much their monthly payment is going to be BEFORE they get this far?

yeah, the FHA was stupid for approving, but who in their right mind even tries to do something so financially stupid?

government = stupid

people = stupid

I really hope that's a rhetorical question. In my job I see it every damn day!

government = stupid

people = stupid

The big difference is when the individual defaults, he only screws himself, when the government defaults we have 10% official unemployment (actually closer to %18).

The big difference is when the individual defaults, he only screws himself, when the government defaults we have 10% official unemployment (actually closer to %18).

I beg to differ

When the individual defaults it also ends up screwing everyone. See also TARP

I beg to differ

When the individual defaults it also ends up screwing everyone. See also TARP

You didn't understand the gist of what I was saying. If an individual screws up, it is he who suffers, that is the way it normally plays out. In this case, it is different, the government made loans way too easy for individuals to obtain, who had no business receiving the loans. We expect people to try to reach for more than what they can actually achieve, however, we should expect our government to manage our tax dollars wisely with discretion and not just lend money to people because it is the "moral" thing to do, but because it makes good sense, for both the individual and the government.

yeah it was definitely rhetorical. i cant imagine the financial idiocy you must see.

Off the top of my head one of my reps recommended $50 a month for a Roth IRA for a client. She said no. Reason why? She'd have to give up her monthly pedicure. :wallbash:

Hey Tom....was that your wife?

government = stupid

people = stupid

How about this...FHA loan to a 4 year old!!! Seriously. A four year old. The times a comin soon to short the phone book.

http://www.businessinsider.com/four-year-o...s-money-2009-10

155k for that dump? You can buy a brand new house for that much in some parts.

There is your problem.

It should be 75k. Well, that is what it would be around here.

Ya... I am afraid of massive amounts of debt on houses that aren't worth that kind of money... I don't care what everything else is going for all around it.

155k for that dump? You can buy a brand new house for that much in some parts.

There is your problem.

It should be 75k. Well, that is what it would be around here.

Ya... I am afraid of massive amounts of debt on houses that aren't worth that kind of money... I don't care what everything else is going for all around it.

That would get me a garage, and a one car garage at that. :wallbash:

Toss this in the mix as well...

IRS doled out $620 million to ineligible first time home buyers

About 19,350 taxpayers claimed $139 million worth of tax credits for homes they had not yet purchased

about 70,000 taxpayers claimed more than $479 million in credits despite evidence they were not first-time home buyers

Almost 600 people who claimed about $4 million worth of the credit were not yet 18 years old -- and the youngest taxpayer was 4 years old

And the US government has the audacity to claim that GM was managed poorly. Sure they're probably very right but that would be like me telling any of you on this board your eating habits suck and telling you I have a great plan for getting you in shape.