Fitz's record was 4-7-1 last year.

fansince61

Yeah that 300k is mind boggling considering the bengals are 9.5 MILLION under the cap.

www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp

Paul Brown could probably have opened the windows in the front offices in the fall in order to not have to use air conditioning and heat and saved the 300K it would have taken to keep Fitz around. It's grasping at straws at this point.

No one hates Fitz, but to think this dud is the answer is just awful. As bad as Edwards has been the last couple of games, he's still worth trying to straighten out more than playing Fitzpatrick.

:rolleyes:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Brown could probably have opened the windows in the front offices in the fall in order to not have to use air conditioning and heat and saved the 300K it would have taken to keep Fitz around. It's grasping at straws at this point.

No one hates Fitz, but to think this dud is the answer is just awful. As bad as Edwards has been the last couple of games, he's still worth trying to straighten out more than playing Fitzpatrick.

:rolleyes:

Totally agree. I dont hate Fitz, i just know he's a journeyman type backup.

Yeah, this is obviously true. 300K is the equivalent of about a nickel in the grand scheme of things. And any GM? No, pretty much just the Bills. And I'm not sure we have the brains. After all, the Bengals (while they are still those same Bengals) are off to a nice start this year, AND they've made the playoffs in the last 10 years. Something our GM obviously, "with a brain", hasn't figured out how to do yet.

The Bengals are one of the cheapest organizations in sports. And despite all your loud talk, Cincy is someone who lives in the city and has about as good of a grasp of any on the board about the Bengals. I'll definitely trust his opinion over yours, no offense.

The Bengals are one of the cheapest organizations in sports. And despite all your loud talk, Cincy is someone who lives in the city and has about as good of a grasp of any on the board about the Bengals. I'll definitely trust his opinion over yours, no offense.

Sigh - it never ends, C.Biscuit... :censored:

Once again, I'll repeat what I mentioned about Fitzpatrick, months ago when BUF signed him:

Decisive, doesn't shy away from throws, showed that he had the personality to be the leader on the field (I noted that after the NYJ game, numerous posters detected that). And that T.J. Housh helped him.

I mentioned that teams didn't have"the book" on him, and that he could indeed be a flash in the pan. I mentioned CIN's injuries (among those, 3 starting OLs). and the petulance of OchoDinko.

I put up some stats in this thread - and sure enough, they were slammed by some captious poster determined to find fault with others down to the atomic level. Even implied that I had a furtive agenda, or so it seemed to me.

"Captious" is a great word that describes how a whole lot of people operate these days...they can't grasp generalities, and search for minutia and then declare victory. They'd have a field day with something like President Lincoln's Gettysburg Address...

Definition of Captious:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/captious

I'm happy that BUF signed Fitz. CIN couldn't retain him - like all teams, they leave some salary and cap space to account for injuries during the season. And as I mentioned, Palmer's contract is huge and that eats up $ for the QB spots.

Why some folks have to grub for their little victories, and not show some spirit and hope for the club, is a constant mystery. Fitz may fail - that is so - but BUF took the shot. That's enough for me.

I don't want to bash the guy, but I keep seeing reference to a 4-3-1 record. He started 12 games and was 1-7-1 before a 3 game winning streak against Cleveland,Washington and KC.

ya, and look who he played for? A terrible Bungels team, with no run game, and only one good receiver (TJ). Not many qb's could have won with that team.

And besides, The only record that matters is that he is 1-0 with US!!!!

Amen, somehow Cincy felt better with JT O'Sullivan and Jordan Palmer as backups. And made no effort to resign Fitzpatrick.

It is possible that they wanted to bring him back but he either chose to leave or they did not have the cap room to pay him what we did. Not sure if this is the case. I just don't think they simply because he left Cincy, they believed he was crap.