Fitz's record was 4-7-1 last year.

fansince61

Cant argue with those stats. They sucked. Just saying they arent much better than Trents at the end of last year, or the beginning of this year. Trent hasnt regresses at this point. He was never good. Im not saying Fitz is better but we have given Trent enough time to figure it out and he hasnt shown anything. Im even ready to see what Hamden has at this point. I want to know if we need a QB during the offseason this year. Lets just see what they have.

Oh, I think it's safe to say we will need a starting QB for next year. No QB on this team is going to scare opposing teams.

But you are right. Start everybody at least once. Can't hurt. Hell, we may even win a few games.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as bad? Probably. Worse? Nope.

If you looked at nothing but stats, yeah, I can see how you get that impression. However, if you watched the game, you would have seen something else.

Jauron has the "play it safe" mentality so ingrained into Trent's head, he's afraid to pull the trigger on anything remotely 'risky'. Fitz is willing to take chances. He may not connect, but at least he is doing something different.

Fitz was doing things Trent would never attempted. I saw Fitz throw a pass that split 2 defenders. You think Edwards throws that pass?

That's debatable. Change happened, but look at what it got us now. I would rather have Greggo or Mularkey back as HC over the POS that resides on the Bills sidelines now.

For the record, I want change. I will take my chances it could end up as another failure. However, it could end up as something else.

Yes, pretty much WORSE. As bad as it is to say, it's actually worse. Not by much, but it is. These guys are both pretty much bums. The stats definately tell the story. You can see that Trent plays scared to death to where his YPC are down. You can tell FItz just sucks, because he's around 50% with his passes, with still yardage numbers that don't add up to a real gunslinger type QB. And if you only complete around 50%, you better be that gunslinger, long yardage type QB, and he's not.

Fitz is awful. He was bounced from two teams that needed a good backup behind injury prone QB's for a reason. I believe DJ's staff ruined Edwards, and I believe that Fitz just pretty much sucks. To be this excited over a bum of a QB makes no sense. BLOW THE WHOLE THING UP.

Here are Trent's last four full games......

21-31-230, 2TD 1 INT

20-35-156, 1TD 3INT

14-26-192, 1 INT

16-31-152

Here are Fitz's.....

vs. (8-8) Washington 16-29-209, 1TD

at (4-12) Cleveland 5-9-55, 1 TD (Played the full game)

vs.(2-14) KC 18-30-129

vs. (3-3) NY 10-25-116, 1 TD, 1INT

Here are Fitz's.....

vs. (8-8) Washington 16-29-209, 1TD

at (4-12) Cleveland 5-9-55, 1 TD (Played the full game)

vs.(2-14) KC 18-30-129

vs. (3-3) NY 10-25-116, 1 TD, 1INT

Why have you posted this like 6 different times today?

Didn't your Dad ever tell you? Only one stat matters.

Why have you posted this like 6 different times today?

Didn't your Dad ever tell you? Only one stat matters.

Because everyone keeps making up stuff all over the board about this guy. It's annoying to some of us, just like this is to you. Quit making stuff up and it goes away. I mean, seriously, if you read the board, Fitz actually has some kind of mythical numbers, that could only be created here on TBD, and sooner or later people believe all that made up garbage.

Those numbers only appear to refute statements, records, or opinions that are false. Just to add a little balance to the mythical Fitz TBD numbers.

And no, my dad taught me that the Redskins, Chiefs, Browns and Mark Sanchez suck. Was he wrong?

Because everyone keeps making up stuff all over the board about this guy. It's annoying to some of us, just like this is to you. Quit making stuff up and it goes away. I mean, seriously, if you read the board, Fitz actually has some kind of mythical numbers, that could only be created here on TBD, and sooner or later people believe all that made up garbage.

Those numbers only appear to refute statements, records, or opinions that are false. Just to add a little balance to the mythical Fitz TBD numbers.

And no, my dad taught me that the Redskins, Chiefs, Browns and Mark Sanchez suck. Was he wrong?

Did you actually watch the games or you just going by the stats? It's a serious question. Because the stats can't tell you everything. Because if you broke down Palmer and Fitz in the games they played last year, Fitz was slightly better. does they mean Fitz is a better QB then? Hell no.

But here's the point. The Bengals probably had the worst oline in football. Receivers drop passes. TO had 2 drops last week and Fitz threw a perfect ball that Evans nearly missed. Add those on, it is a much different stat line. But the bottomline is just judging but stats is kinda of foolish.

And the last good QB we had made a lot plays that the stats won't back up. Not saying Fitz will ever get to that level, but hey, you never know.

As someone who lives in Steeler country, we always get the AFC north division on TV and I can say with no hesitation that Fitzpatrick is a big nothing burger. Does not have a big arm, career backup at best. Did not put up good numbers despite a great Bengal receiver corp.

As someone who lives in Steeler country, we always get the AFC north division on TV and I can say with no hesitation that Fitzpatrick is a big nothing burger. Does not have a big arm, career backup at best. Did not put up good numbers despite a great Bengal receiver corp.

Thanks......because this seems to be the last thing anyone can cling hope to. Nevermind all of the other stats, eyewitnessing, teams cutting him, him actually looking like more garbage, etc, etc, etc.

He's garbage folks.

As someone who lives in Steeler country, we always get the AFC north division on TV and I can say with no hesitation that Fitzpatrick is a big nothing burger. Does not have a big arm, career backup at best. Did not put up good numbers despite a Bengal receiver corp.

Ocho Dinko continued in his poutings cold hands, poor route running last season. Receivers other than TJ Housh and Dinko dropped like files with injury.

See also the destruction of their OL etc. last season with injury.

..."But you can't get down on Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. He was asked to compete with a team that lost a league-high 84 games by starters because of injury. Only seven of his 22 starters were available to him for all 16 games, and only five started all 16.

Tell me - what QB looks good with that? Especially a #2 that gets tossed in mid-season?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...in.34d3911.html

As someone who lives in Steeler country, I'm not surprised that you don't know what's going on. I lived there for about 11 years, and yuns is typical...go buy some new tars for your cor. Or go out and get some feesh for supper. Then go red up the room.

:wallbash:

Ocho Dinko continued in his poutings cold hands, poor route running last season. Receivers other than TJ Housh and Dinko dropped like files with injury.

..."But you can't get down on Bengals coach Marvin Lewis. He was asked to compete with a team that lost a league-high 84 games by starters because of injury. Only seven of his 22 starters were available to him for all 16 games, and only five started all 16.

Tell me - what QB looks good with that? Especially a #2 that gets tossed in mid-season?

As someone who lives in Steeler country, I'm not surprised that you don't know what's going on. I lived there for about 11 years, and yuns is typical...go buy some new tars for your cor. Or go out and get some feesh for supper. Then go red up the room.

:wallbash:

Please make more fun of PA accents cause Im with ya since I was born and raised in Buffalo NY. But back to Fitzpatrick, dude hes AVP or Kelly Holcomb, nothing to get excited about. Check Ochocinco's career worst stats with Fitzpatrick at the helm.

:lol:

And yet, knowing all of this, and not knowing if Carson would be able to come back from the injury that forced him out of the last 12 games, they let Fitzpatrick get away. This is apparently the second team to let this hidden talented gem of a QB get away.......again. But hey, with John Guy's track record, why not take his and everyone around TBD's word for how good he is, after his 10-25, 116 yard performance in 5 quarters vs. the Jets. :wallbash:

And yet, knowing all of this, and not knowing if Carson would be able to come back from the injury that forced him out of the last 12 games, they let Fitzpatrick get away. This is apparently the second team to let this hidden talented gem of a QB get away.......again. But hey, with John Guy's track record, why not take his and everyone around TBD's word for how good he is, after his 10-25, 116 yard performance in 5 quarters vs. the Jets. :rolleyes:

Amen, somehow Cincy felt better with JT O'Sullivan and Jordan Palmer as backups. And made no effort to resign Fitzpatrick.

Amen, somehow Cincy felt better with JT O'Sullivan and Jordan Palmer as backups. And made no effort to resign Fitzpatrick.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/300225

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?categoryId=106035

The Bengals saved 300K with O'Sullivan. I think most GMs with a brain would take Fitzpatrick over O'Sullivan.

Do you have any idea how much of their team's money and cap are tied up in Palmer? They would have loved to have been able to retain free agent Fitzpatrick, but financially, it was a no-go.

Please make more fun of PA accents cause Im with ya since I was born and raised in Buffalo NY. But back to Fitzpatrick, dude hes AVP or Kelly Holcomb, nothing to get excited about. Check Ochocinco's career worst stats with Fitzpatrick at the helm.

I take it you didn't see any CIN games - and so didn't see a season of pouting, short-arming, and blown route running by the Dinko who wanted to be traded. Houshmandzadeh was in his face game after game.

OchoDinko snared 19 in the six games Palmer was active last season. He caught 34 in 8 games with Fitzpatrick (Chad-O didn't suit up the last two games).

Dude.

Wow 300k on a salary cap of over 127 million. What team would want to spend 300k more to have a better backup, especially after your starter was hurt the year before. I see your point, theres no way they could of found that kind of coin to sign him. LMAO

Wow 300k on a salary cap of over 127 million. What team would want to spend 300k more to have a better backup, especially after your starter was hurt the year before. I see your point, theres no way they could of found that kind of coin to sign him. LMAO

LMAO. I was going to say the same thing. You've gotta be kidding me. This stuff is actually pretty hilarious.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/300225

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player?categoryId=106035

The Bengals saved 300K with O'Sullivan. I think most GMs with a brain would take Fitzpatrick over O'Sullivan.

Yeah, this is obviously true. 300K is the equivalent of about a nickel in the grand scheme of things. And any GM? No, pretty much just the Bills. And I'm not sure we have the brains. After all, the Bengals (while they are still those same Bengals) are off to a nice start this year, AND they've made the playoffs in the last 10 years. Something our GM obviously, "with a brain", hasn't figured out how to do yet.

I take it you didn't see any CIN games - and so didn't see a season of pouting, short-arming, and blown route running by the Dinko who wanted to be traded. Houshmandzadeh was in his face game after game.

OchoDinko snared 19 in the six games Palmer was active last season. He caught 34 in 8 games with Fitzpatrick (Chad-O didn't suit up the last two games).

Dude.

OK, let's fact check again, just so people won't believe made up schitt again. Palmer only played in FOUR games, and the fact that he was active in six means nothing. He didnt' play. #85 only caught 11 balls in those starts vs. the Giants, Ravens, Titans and Cowboys. Again, those teams were 45-19 last year. One would surmise that the bungles were going to be severely outclassed in those games. Fitz started TWELVE games three of which #85 didn't play. He caught 42 over those 9 games. He also gained over 57 yards only once in which he ended up with 79. I'm not even sure what this says other than Fitz clearly had better wideouts last year than did Edwards. There isn't a GM in their right mind that wouldn't take Housh and #85 over Evans and Josh Reed. And Edwards, as hard as it is to believe is/was better. He was better last year, and he's better now.

The Bungles scored 15 or less points 9 of Fitz's 12 starts. They scored 16 in another. They also scored 10 or less points 5 of those games. He's garbage. Fitz is no better than Edwards. In fact, he's worse.

We are all wondering if Edwards is ruined at this point, but to keep beating this Fitz drum is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen around here. HE'S GARBAGE. This team will most likely not be a contender until sadly neither one of them is on the roster, OR that Trent becomes the backup to someone other then RF.