No Shame

Dr. Trooth

I'll telll you one thing. The Bills have no shame. They've got a lot of balls to pitch tickets for a two game holiday package, rewarding the buyer with a key chain and towel the size of a wash cloth. What a bunch of crap. Yeah, I know it's a business, but put a product on the field that is seriously competitive and you won't have to come up with promotions and gimmicks to entice fans to the turnstyles. 21st on "D", 25th on "O", expecting to fill the house to watch them get destroyed by the Pats, and at this point it would appear a 2nd stringer game for the Colts, giving a meaningless victory to DJ in his last hurrah as the Bills HC. Pathetic.

The Bills ought to be giving refunds for the embarrassment of the product they've put on the field this year.

I'll telll you one thing. The Bills have no shame. They've got a lot of balls to pitch tickets for a two game holiday package, rewarding the buyer with a key chain and towel the size of a wash cloth. What a bunch of crap. Yeah, I know it's a business, but put a product on the field that is seriously competitive and you won't have to come up with promotions and gimmicks to entice fans to the turnstyles. 21st on "D", 25th on "O", expecting to fill the house to watch them get destroyed by the Pats, and at this point it would appear a 2nd stringer game for the Colts, giving a meaningless victory to DJ in his last hurrah as the Bills HC. Pathetic.

The Bills ought to be giving refunds for the embarrassment of the product they've put on the field this year.

ok

I certainly hope fans respond and are "heard" by not buying any more silliness from this organization...

Nooooo way. Just read right here in this forum for proof. There are many people who will buy tickets as long as they are the Buffalo Bills. Quality of the product has no bearing on their decision. A combination of tradition (their ancestors went, and now so do they), and local team homer-ism is what matters to them. And as a matter of fact, those are generally not the people who are bitching in here. They would prefer the team didn't suck, but not supporting the team (including financially) is simply not an option.

Nooooo way. Just read right here in this forum for proof. There are many people who will buy tickets as long as they are the Buffalo Bills. Quality of the product has no bearing on their decision. A combination of tradition (their ancestors went, and now so do they), and local team homer-ism is what matters to them. And as a matter of fact, those are generally not the people who are bitching in here. They would prefer the team didn't suck, but not supporting the team (including financially) is simply not an option.

Without team homerism there is NO POINT to sports such as Football, Hockey, Baseball. We can all root for our favorite golfer or tennis player. Why don't you people that are not Bills HOMERS just go root for another team like the Pats*?

It'll be interesting to monitor how the Bills market this team for 2010, given all the hype they've used to promote this team. Without TO next season, they'll have their hands full trying to convince Bills fans they're on the right path with 10 straight seasons without the playoffs.

I saw the two game package deal they have going and must figure fans for a bunch of fools. Everyone knows P. Manning won't be playing in that final game, and NE will not allow another replay of the MNF debacle.

Then again, how do you market a team that goes up for sale when the owner passes and in the meantime will not spend money to make long term plans at GM and HC?

Without team homerism there is NO POINT to sports such as Football, Hockey, Baseball. We can all root for our favorite golfer or tennis player. Why don't you people that are not Bills HOMERS just go root for another team like the Pats*?

because i'm not going to blindly buy tix and merch. just because i'm scared that the team is gonna move...but i'll still root for the bills don't tell me what teams i am and am not allowed to root for just because i have a different opinion on the subject matter than you. Blind homerism doesn't make you a better fan...just makes you look like an idiot.

I wasn't saying that as a bad thing. Just explaining to the poster above me why not to expect a huge drop off in ticket sales next season. Also, are you saying people cannot enjoy team sports without being a homer? That's just ridiculous.