Apparent suicide mistaken for Halloween display

Beerball

:w00t::w00t:

It is like the dead body some bassboater found by my work on the other side of the river. The guy that has property where the body was found said that he saw it for some time, thought it was a "plastic bag" of some sorts... :w00t:

What about the story that came out of eastern europe a few years back... The lady was dead in her apt for 30 years before anyone found her! :w00t::wacko:

Why do we think that a suicide and a Halloween display are mutually exclusive? The guy may have offed himself specifically to become a Halloween display. A little much and as far as I've gone is a cut up pumpkin, but more power to the guy for his imagination. Was he wearing a costume?

Why do we think that a suicide and a Halloween display are mutually exclusive? The guy may have offed himself specifically to become a Halloween display. A little much and as far as I've gone is a cut up pumpkin, but more power to the guy for his imagination. Was he wearing a costume?

I am the Grinch of Halloween. I think it's totally gotten out of hand. It used to be a nice little thing for kids.........It would not surprise me if somebody did do just what you said, adults being so nuts about this stupid holiday. A holiday to celebrate fear - I don't get it.

I am the Grinch of Halloween. I think it's totally gotten out of hand. It used to be a nice little thing for kids.........It would not surprise me if somebody did do just what you said, adults being so nuts about this stupid holiday. A holiday to celebrate fear - I don't get it.

Horror is great. The best holiday ever.

Halloween rules. It's a holiday that has been ruined by too many anti-halloweenites. It used to be a kid could go out with friends pretending to be someone different and have some friendly contact with people and get a present of some candy. "What do you want to be for Halloweeen?" Was a very cool question Too many people today have squeezed the life out of the holiday.

It's a holiday that takes fear and makes it funny. It gives you the chance to make humorous statements on recent pop culture OR just to piss off a bunch of people who really deserve to be pissed off.

I used to love doing Halloween stuff with a friend for his house and then helping to put it on. Scaring children is greatly under-rated IMO.

I wonder if anyone here has ever gone as Peter Pan Guy to a party? :ph34r:

I totally agree with you!

The reason people love it is because there is no guilt attached or deep social message like the religious holidays... Unless you consider going to mass on All Saints Day part of Halloween! :doh:

It is the perfect commercial/secular holiday. :ph34r:

The reason people love it is because there is no guilt attached or deep social message like the religious holidays... Unless you consider going to mass on All Saints Day part of Halloween! :doh:

It is the perfect commercial/secular holiday. :doh:

:ph34r:

I don't believe every holiday has to have the deep social message of religious holidays. A lot of these religious holidays require you drink human blood and eat human flesh in a ritualistic fashion. To me that's grosser than anything on Halloween.

:ph34r:

I don't believe every holiday has to have the deep social message of religious holidays. A lot of these religious holidays require you drink human blood and eat human flesh in a ritualistic fashion. To me that's grosser than anything on Halloween.

That is why you like Halloween... You just proved my point... You don't want the baggage with the other holidays, right?

+1 Never mind the pagan roots of the "holiday." I'm not a fan of it, but I let my daughter participate. Once she's old enough, I'll explain where the meaning of the "holiday" originate and let her decide for herself.

There is no baggage with the other holidays, you should have that baggage all year shouldn't you?

I disagree... There is a ton og baggage with with the relgious holidays... Actucally with Halloween, isn't Nov. 1st, All Saints Day a holy day of obligation in the catholic church? So not even All Hallows Eve gets away from something.

I disagree... There is a ton og baggage with with the relgious holidays... Actucally with Halloween, isn't Nov. 1st, All Saints Day a holy day of obligation in the catholic church? So not even All Hallows Eve gets away from something.

Do you believe that holidays are the only time you need to truly live your life as God wants you to? If so there is no baggage. Why do you believe there is anything extra associated with those holidays that could be considered "baggage"?

Halloween is a religious holiday but just another religion. It is for Satan worshippers. The stuff with cute costumes like Superman and Spiderman for little kids was put in years ago to gradually ratchet up the power of Halloween.

The worst thing that would happen used to be stuff like razor blades in Milky Way bars. Little stuff like that.Now we see stuff like people killeing themselves for displays and whatnot.

In about 15 years you will see ritual slayings in the streets and the like and no one will bat an eye. The goal of these people is for every day to be Halloween.

P.S. Did anyone see anything about a t-shirt in the article?

It is the perfect commercial/secular holiday. :doh:

No...but nice try. :ph34r:

Halloween is a religious holiday but just another religion. It is for Satan worshippers. The stuff with cute costumes like Superman and Spiderman for little kids was put in years ago to gradually ratchet up the power of Halloween.

The worst thing that would happen used to be stuff like razor blades in Milky Way bars. Little stuff like that.Now we see stuff like people killeing themselves for displays and whatnot.

In about 15 years you will see ritual slayings in the streets and the like and no one will bat an eye. The goal of these people is for every day to be Halloween.

P.S. Did anyone see anything about a t-shirt in the article?

Okay. I get it. Marilyn Manson called and whats his life back!