Some Raw Health Insurance Premium Numbers

I'm laughing because you totally ignored the part "NEWSFLASH: One can challenge and not be a dick about it. One doesn't have to attack like this--"

I know. There is no denying that I can act like a dick, but I don't grab my calculator and accuse somebody for being a "lying pig"... I don't know what brings on such emotion... 17% more that I thought I was getting as a benefit...?? Hardly, they has got to be more to some people's animosity towards what I posted... All I am doing is telling people what I pay have what I consider to be a nice job... It is like I peed in their cornflakes or something. Maybe some are bitter because federal employees actually have to contribute a share to their premium. Why is that bad? Even when the number prove to less for the gov't!

:wallbash:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. There is no denying that I can act like a dick, but I don't grab my calculator and accuse somebody for being a "lying pig"... I don't know what brings on such emotion... 17% more that I thought I was getting as a benefit...?? Hardly, they has got to be more to some people's animosity towards what I posted... All I am doing is telling people what I pay have what I consider to be a nice job... It is like I peed in their cornflakes or something. Maybe some are bitter because federal employees actually have to contribute a share to their premium. Why is that bad? Even when the number prove to less for the gov't!

:wallbash:

Unfortunately, people can't simply talk anymore. Maybe it's a way for one to feel better about themselves or their life... who knows? Maybe they see the yelling and arguing on TV all of the time and think that is the best way to communicate.

I too know that I can be a dick if provoked. I simply state my opinion or thoughts on a subject and others feel as though the best way to debate is to attack the other person first.

I think the best course of action is to simply ignore them and discuss subjects with those who actually want to talk.

Well your employer is getting crappy rates for you. We pay 270 (135/paycheck) a month. They pay 830 (415/paycheck). So for family coverage which covers us no matter if we have 1 kid or 25 kids.

Ya... Thanks...

That is the problem! (red)

Figure this one out:

That is the gov't contract writing business for this area (Chicago are fed workers). I mean come on, private industry pay is actually lower here in the Chicago area than the Quad Cities... My wage scale is based on what private industry does in the Quad Cities NOT Chicago... Even know I work in Chicago... Because my home base is Rock Island, IL. If they based my pay on indusrty here, I would make less an hour! Believe that one! :wallbash:

The policy I have is specifically for the Chicago area... Cost of Housing (even worse on the north sides) is way more here than other parts of the state... Health more?? Chicago bringing that up? You would think it would bring costs DOWN?? Yet, private industry wages are lower?? What gives??

Years ago (early 1980's) when my field site shifted from Chicago District to Rock Island District... Workers actually got the difference in pay with a lump sum retroactively going back to the day of the switch over with districts.

Totally screwy

FYI, EII, just got the rates for next year. Ours are going up 7 whole dollars a month. A whopping 2.5%. I guess that roughly COLA so, I can live with that.

Lucky you

Depending which plan I choose my insurance is at best doubling or at worst quadrupling :censored:

Obama save me! :thumbsup:

Lucky you

Depending which plan I choose my insurance is at best doubling or at worst quadrupling :censored:

Obama save me! :thumbsup:

What? They are going to double your rates. From what? Do you have it through work or private? Mine is through work. Not sure how much the company pickup is they'll post it later. This was the flyer with paychecks.

What? They are going to double your rates. From what? Do you have it through work or private? Mine is through work. Not sure how much the company pickup is they'll post it later. This was the flyer with paychecks.

I hear herpes really !@#$s up your rates.