Some Raw Health Insurance Premium Numbers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I mean it's a sad existence to constantly want to verbally attack instead of talking. No wonder nothing gets done in this country.

When one post obvious lies whether though purposeful decent, stupidity or ignorance, then they need to be called on them especially when it is obvious that they are looking for sympathy rather than trying to carry on a discussion with facts. When posting an obvious plea for the sympathy vote, it is no wonder our country is in trouble. one can not discuss the merits of what they propose because they don't have facts to support it.

When one post obvious lies whether though purposeful decent, stupidity or ignorance, then they need to be called on them especially when it is obvious that they are looking for sympathy rather than trying to carry on a discussion with facts. When posting an obvious plea for the sympathy vote, it is no wonder our country is in trouble. one can not discuss the merits of what they propose because they don't have facts to support it.

Yeah, I post obvious lies. :ph34r::doh: :doh:

I didn't lie. For the life of me I thought my employer, the DoD picked up about 80%... Boy was I wrong... Here I thought I was gettting a better deal... All along the gov't was actually DOING A BETTER JOB MANAGING our money by making me PAY MORE... WIN-WIN! Don't be a dofus... In the small picture I am only 80/90 bucks off that I PAY MORE. I never dwelled on what they pay out.

The problem is stories like this should be told and how much money is actually going into the system... As much as I gotta piss or get off the pot when deciding what to do after all these years with my families health care... You just don't like that health care is getting more expensive and service is getting suckier... Ya, that is a great way to run a business.

I am not Jonsing, but it would be nice to actually here what working people have to pay towards there premiums and what the employer picks up... Come on people throw some numbers out there. I have hunch that they will be quite shcoking once you line those numbers up with one's beliefs!

So !@#$ off!

I wasn't referring to you

Why would I want to lie about that? The numbers say other ways... It would make my employer look bad if they were giving paying more... Gov't would look like they are throwing money around. You just don't like it because the gov't (my employer) is actually making me pay more! Hey I can't fault them for wanting to be fiscally prudent.

Please explain how my slip from memory is bad? Now if I underquoted what the DoD kicks in, I can see your point.

You just wanted to nail me with the most petty charge... ANd now that it blew up in your face, you can't man enough to just let it go.

Again... You, the gov't and the other taxpayers that pay into the general fund (where my pay comes from) are actually better off that I pay more in contribution... The only one that is not better off is me... And you don't like that. Because with regard to all the other federal workers, the gov't actually looks better than your preconceived notions that you hold.

You work with HUD, what to you pay towards your health premiums?

So following along and not challenging anything put forth is a great way to live? Sounds like Weinerville to me.

NEWSFLASH: One can challenge and not be a dick about it. One doesn't have to attack like this--

"...you liberal hack. if your employer pays 80% then how does you paying 207 and him paying 367 make 80%. Running that through my handy dandy calculator I come up with about 63%. So either your employer is screwing you or you're a lying pig."

The fact of the matter is that my employer is screwing me (I think they should kick in 80% or more)... Yet, they are screwing me for the betterment of YOU and the national ecomony I serve while doing my job. That is something you guys just can't understand.

NEWSFLASH: One can challenge and not be a dick about it. One doesn't have to attack like this--

"...you liberal hack. if your employer pays 80% then how does you paying 207 and him paying 367 make 80%. Running that through my handy dandy calculator I come up with about 63%. So either your employer is screwing you or you're a lying pig."

The fact of the matter is that my employer is screwing me (I think they should kick in 80% or more)... Yet, they are screwing me for the betterment of YOU and the national ecomony I serve while doing my job. That is something you guys just can't understand.

:wallbash::lol::lol:

Laugh all you you want... Do you want the Fed to pick up 100% on all federal workers?

:wallbash:

I'm laughing at you for thinking the government really gives two ***** about us or the betterment of the economy. All they care about is protecting their phoney baloney jobs.

I'm laughing at you for thinking the government really gives two ***** about us or the betterment of the economy. All they care about is protecting their phoney baloney jobs.

I was referring to my job and what I do for the economy... Of course the gov't does care! I see it everyday with our 13 man workforce/field site. A 60 day closure would hit the economy for about 18 million dollars against commercial navigation interests.

Hate on with your preconceived notions... Phoney baloney... I may have time and access on the computer as a perk... But just my one little fifedom goes a long way by helping the economy... And that is not in regard to just shipping interests... There is a lot to do with property and life... A business that NO PRIVATE company would take soley on in their right mind...

I was referring to my job and what I do for the economy... Of course the gov't does care! I see it everyday with our 13 man workforce/field site. A 60 day closure would hit the economy for about 18 million dollars against commercial navigation interests.

Hate on with your preconceived notions... Phoney baloney... I may have time and access on the computer as a perk... But just my one little fifedom goes a long way by helping the economy... And that is not in regard to just shipping interests... There is a lot to do with property and life... A business that NO PRIVATE company would take soley on in their right mind...

I'm talking about the phony baloney jobs held by politicians. Feeling a bit guilty this morning?

Guilt...paranoia...whatever.

Actually if you want to know... Pride.

:lol:

But back to the issue at hand. The health industry is literally pricing their customers right out of the market... No wonder we can't compete. Say even if a private company did what my employer did... Pick up 60 (or so VA) %... That is still almost 400 bucks every two weeks that they are forking over to the insurance company... Unless they are getting some kind of kick-back, but that I take is illegal... And these are huge contracts that the gov't is working out with the providers. Again, there in lies your problem... Too many entities trying to grab a pioece of the pie. IMO, it has to start with gov't saying no and putting their foot down.

On another note... My sister used to work with Blue Cross... Her advice, as a federal worker... She said, what ever you do don't choose Blue Cross... The policies absolutely suck... Find something better.

Think about it, how would this float in any other business... At least make service BETTTER. Again, service is getting worse... My deductibles and co-pays go up too... Same with Rx's... :wallbash::lol:

I almost want to break my kid's arm (of course when they are acting like little punks) every year just to get my money worth.

On another note... If you don't use your insurance a lot or go under, can't they give you a credit... And if you are constantly a douchebag and keep breaking your leg... Can't they charge you more?? Kinda like car insurance.

I'm laughing because you totally ignored the part "NEWSFLASH: One can challenge and not be a dick about it. One doesn't have to attack like this--"

Actually if you want to know... Pride.

:lol:

But back to the issue at hand. The health industry is literally pricing their customers right out of the market... No wonder we can't compete. Say even if a private company did what my employer did... Pick up 60 (or so VA) %... That is still almost 400 bucks every two weeks that they are forking over to the insurance company... Unless they are getting some kind of kick-back, but that I take is illegal... And these are huge contracts that the gov't is working out with the providers. Again, there in lies your problem... Too many entities trying to grab a pioece of the pie. IMO, it has to start with gov't saying no and putting their foot down.

On another note... My sister used to work with Blue Cross... Her advice, as a federal worker... She said, what ever you do don't choose Blue Cross... The policies absolutely suck... Find something better.

Think about it, how would this float in any other business... At least make service BETTTER. Again, service is getting worse... My deductibles and co-pays go up too... Same with Rx's... :wallbash::lol:

I almost want to break my kid's arm (of course when they are acting like little punks) every year just to get my money worth.

On another note... If you don't use your insurance a lot or go under, can't they give you a credit... And if you are constantly a douchebag and keep breaking your leg... Can't they charge you more?? Kinda like car insurance.

Well your employer is getting crappy rates for you. We pay 270 (135/paycheck) a month. They pay 830 (415/paycheck). So for family coverage which covers us no matter if we have 1 kid or 25 kids.