This is some serious bullschit

Fastback

Senators Chris Dodd and Kent Conrad lawyered up when the Senate ethics committee asked about their VIP loans from Countrywide Financial. But the sweetheart Senators may not be able to stop another look at their dealings with the subprime mortgage factory. A Democrat on the House oversight committee, Illinois freshman Mike Quigley, tells us that he supports a subpoena to obtain documents on the "Friends of Angelo" loan program.

Wall Street journal

I am on the fence on this one. I would rather the DOJ do it works before this becomes a circus, but if DOJ takes too long, then maybe the circus should begin. Note that no one will be immune from accusations and it will be a Dog and Pony show with congresscritters trying to one up each other despite those same congresscritters being complicit in the the deal if there is an actual problem with the loans.

P.S. Rep. Darrell Issa is totally a tool and is a bag man for Big Pharma, so even his hands are smeared with crap.

The paragraph about Towns declining to launch an investigation to avoid interfering with the ongoing Justice investigation? I'm good with that...I'd rather DoJ be investigating these crooks than the crooks be investigating themselves.

I was referring to the statement that he received a loan from Countrywide and denies that he got favorable treatment. That is curious to me. Granted many millions have loans from them, but what's to say that he didn't get a sweetheart deal also?

And how long until the DOJ completes their investigation? Five years, ten? What a joke. This has been out there for over a year.

Yellow lines- WRT your comment on Issa- Care to provide any hard data on why he's a tool and 'bag man' for big pharma? Or did you read that on HufPo and feel obliged to use the smear to discredit him? Issa is actually my congresscritter, and I kind of like him.