La La Land

timbuk3

This may be old news, but I just noticed this at the LA Stadium site under the FAQ section.

Team

Don’t take my Raiders or Chargers.

It is our understanding that the National Football League has no intention of expanding, but they do want to be in Los Angeles. State-of-the-art stadiums are required for teams to stay competitive in today’s NFL. We do not control what team will play in the new Los Angeles Stadium, but we do know it will be an existing team that needs to move because they cannot build a new stadium or financially they are not successful in their current market. We can not disclose which teams we are talking with.

I would assume that the Bills and Jacksonville are on the target list, even though Ralph says that the team will not be sold while he is alive (of course he also says that the team will be more competitive next year).

:doh:

This may be old news, but I just noticed this at the LA Stadium site under the FAQ section.

Team

It is our understanding that the National Football League has no intention of expanding, but they do want to be in Los Angeles. State-of-the-art stadiums are required for teams to stay competitive in today’s NFL. We do not control what team will play in the new Los Angeles Stadium, but we do know it will be an existing team that needs to move because they cannot build a new stadium or financially they are not successful in their current market. We can not disclose which teams we are talking with.

I would assume that the Bills and Jacksonville are on the target list, even though Ralph says that the team will not be sold while he is alive (of course he also says that the team will be more competitive next year).

Is Ralph still alive?

we do know it will be an existing team that needs to move because they cannot build a new stadium or financially they are not successful in their current market.

We don't fit into either category... I think Ralph is intentionally trying to plead poverty so he doesn't have to spend money more than he has to. He makes a lot of profit according to Forbes.. something like 35+ million dollars before taxes in 2007...

Team

Wilson will own the Bills until he dies. Period. I have no reason to doubt his word. Unless he goes senile and cannot function while he is living, and then I have no idea what happens. I suppose the family goes ahead and sells the team to the highest bidder if Ralph no longer can function mentally, same as when he dies.

So unless Wilson dies or comes down with Alzheimers or dementia before Los Angeles chooses their new team, it will not be the Buffalo Bills. These posts spreading rumors that Ralph is dealing secretly to sell out now to L.A. are getting boring.

Move on? The guy is 91 years old, he could be dead before I finish typing this.

Chef. The team is not for sale. There is no trouble in Buffalo. Great franchise, great market, great people, economy shifting in the right direction. Team isn't moving.

Is this a pro-Buffalo board????

Chef. The team is not for sale. There is no trouble in Buffalo. Great franchise, great market, great people, economy shifting in the right direction. Team isn't moving.

Ok, see if you can follow. Poster says team will not be sold until Ralph dies. At 91 that could happen any day meaning............?? You got it, the team could be up for sale any day. Now was that so tough?

Ok, see if you can follow. Poster says team will not be sold until Ralph dies. At 91 that could happen any day meaning............?? You got it, the team could be up for sale any day. Now was that so tough?

Not tough. OK, now check this... we are all alive, right??? When can be dead tomorrow... right??? Ralph's estate is private... RIGHT?

We can play this game all night... Not so tough!!!

Not tough. OK, now check this... we are all alive, right??? When can be dead tomorrow... right??? Ralph's estate is private... RIGHT?

We can play this game all night... Not so tough!!!

Hell I've got all night. Not sure what game you're playing though. :doh:

The economy isn't shifting in the right direction. Sorry to make this a debate on a non-football matter, but teams are looking to move into markets where they'll get some sort of benefit. The market itself is actually shrinking, as evidenced by the loss of population in the western and central NY region.

The economy isn't shifting in the right direction. Sorry to make this a debate on a non-football matter, but teams are looking to move into markets where they'll get some sort of benefit. The market itself is actually shrinking, as evidenced by the loss of population in the western and central NY region.

And the Jerry Jones's of the league would love to have a team move from a shrinking market with low ticket prices to a market where his share of the ticket take could be 3-4x greater.