Interesting article on bicycles and traffic laws

Beerball

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I'd just pull over and have a nice conversation with you. Why would I want to risk a scratch or dent on my car. You seem like the type that wouldn't handle being put in his place so you'd probably do something stupid and then I'd drop you the way smug mother !@#$er you are deserve.

No you wont.

And you know it.

Nah, I'd just pull over and have a nice conversation with you. Why would I want to risk a scratch or dent on my car. You seem like the type that wouldn't handle being put in his place so you'd probably do something stupid and then I'd drop you the way smug mother !@#$er you are deserve.

Think of your wife and unchildren in the poor house.

Yeah, I would.

Ive read enough of your posts over the years to know....ya really would NOT.

I do have to say, though Ive pleasantly enjoyed this discussion today and bringing out the worst in you. Holy hell...internet physical threats. The absolute BOTTOM of the discussion board barrel.

Ive read enough of your posts over the years to know....ya really would NOT.

I do have to say, though Ive pleasantly enjoyed this discussion today and bringing out the worst in you. Sleep well.

So what do my posts have to do with it? And you've brought out the worst in me? Good one.

I wonder if this guy thought he was going to be getting a new bike courtesy of the former Ontario attorney general?

LINK

"Witnesses on Bloor St. last night described a heated confrontation between the driver of a black Saab convertible and a cyclist that began near Bloor and Bay Sts. at about 9:45 p.m.

Police Sgt. Tim Burrows said that after a minor collision, the cyclist grabbed hold of the car, which drove west on Bloor toward Avenue Rd.

Witnesses said the cyclist clung to the driver's side of the car, which had its top down, while the driver yelled at him to get off.

The vehicle veered into the eastbound lanes and mounted the curb, brushing against trees and poles. The victim was apparently run over by the rear wheels of the vehicle, witnesses said."

I really can't believe someone would get sentenced for that. You've got to be seriously retarded to get into a fight with a guy grab a moving car while riding a bike.

I really can't believe someone would get sentenced for that. You've got to be seriously retarded to get into a fight with a guy grab a moving car while riding a bike.

Agreed. I usually just give 'em the finger and watch them get all huffy and pissy and keep driving becuase.....as much as ya like to say you would....YA WONT GET OUT OF YOUR CARS.

Pissing drivers like you off gives me the utmost in pleasure. Both in this thread and on the road. Come on...try to hit me. Ill come visit you in the County that night.

I'd hit you. And I'd get away with it. Because despite your belief that traffic laws don't apply to you, they actually do...and thus I wouldn't be at fault.

But hey...you're dumb enough to pick a fight with a moving car, that's your business. Personally, when I used to bike (a lot, before my knees went out), I never thought I was tougher than a ton of moving steel.

I'd hit you. And I'd get away with it. Because despite your belief that traffic laws don't apply to you, they actually do...and thus I wouldn't be at fault.

But hey...you're dumb enough to pick a fight with a moving car, that's your business. Personally, when I used to bike (a lot, before my knees went out), I never thought I was tougher than a ton of moving steel.

I never thought I was, either. Nor did I ever say that traffic laws dont apply to cyclists. All I ever said was there were were certain and specific instances where they might be ignored. Such as making full stops at stop signs on a stone cold empty road in the early morning hours. Even DRIVERS dont do that. And if you go read what I wrote before Jim got all kinds of crazy and tough-guy, youd see that. To be serious for a second, Im shocked neither you nor Jim can figure out my position on this. I kept saying I dont tolerate nor condone wreckless or inconsiderate behavior on the road and that traffic rules apply in full in virtually all conditions.

I AGREED with you idiots, except with a small caveat that there may be times where traffic laws for cars dont logically work for cyclists, and that is dicated not by the cyclist's "attitude", but by traffic conditions.

Yeah, then I turned the tables, pushed HIS buttons and next thing you know, hes making internet threats.

Whatever...time to move on.

I don't think he cares enough to have his buttons pushed, frankly.

But...whatever. Savor your "victory".