Are the Lions making moves?

toddgurley

These are just rumors from fox sports posted today, but a couple are somewhat interesting.

Rumor 1: Chiefs DT Glenn Dorsey to Lions? LINK:http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2009/10/lions_martin_mayhew_on_the_clo.html

One of the most interesting prospects is Glenn Dorsey of the Kansas City Chiefs, a defensive end who has been in and out of the doghouse, a player who still is adapting to a position switch and a guy who isn't a mystery to the Lions. Detroit defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham was with the Chiefs when they made Dorsey the fifth overall pick of the 2008 draft. Cunningham knows a great deal about Dorsey, especially his ability to play the position for which the Lions would want him, defensive tackle. -- Booth Newspapers

Rumor 2: Chiefs LB Johnson to Lions? LINK:http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=2&c=910652&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fkan.scout.com%2f2%2f910652.html

If the rumors about Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson being dealt to the Detroit Lions before Tuesday's trade deadline are accurate, Demorrio Williams' play might be part of the reason. He still has a hold on the starting job ahead of Johnson and isn't about to give it up. -- Scout.com

You would think the Bills would be slightly interested in Johnson, UNLESS the asking price is too high, or maybe because they plan on targeting Johnson next year in free agency (the theory would be why trade for him, when we can sign him next year as a free agent

Rumor 3:Ravens eye Chiefs Bowe, Pats, Galloway? LINK:http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/articles/2009/10/19/sports/3_ravens_notebook.txt

Despite team officials' denials, the Ravens continue to be the subject of several trade rumors around the league. According to various reports, they're supposedly interested in Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe, New England Patriots wide receiver Joey Galloway and allegedly made an inquiry about Buffalo Bills wide receiver Terrell Owens that was rebuffed. -- Carroll County Times

I thought D.Bowe was good, why would the Chiefs want to trade their number 1 WR? And TO's name is mentioned and then rebuffed in this

This team will not go anywhere with Jauron in charge. The Jets win was nice but a fluke and this team has severe flaws. I would trade TO to any interested buyer and start piling up draft picks. Put Johnson or Hardy in there and let them learn on the fly how much worse can it get.

Either ESPN or NFL Network said the Ravens called the Bills about Owens and we said no. The reason? The Bills did not want to anger their fans further by trading away their most popular player. Anyone buying that?

PTR

I heard about the call not about what was offered. From my view this is why we need to hire GM last week to oversee these sort of things. We arent utilizing TO get something for him if ya can

Either ESPN or NFL Network said the Ravens called the Bills about Owens and we said no. The reason? The Bills did not want to anger their fans further by trading away their most popular player. Anyone buying that?

PTR

The question is what were they offering? A sixth round pick...............NO THANKS, even if the Bills are going nowhere this year I'd rather keep TO. A third? Now they have my attention.

PTR

Keeping him for pure marketing reasons, rather than b/c he can contribute to this offense?

Yeah, I can buy that.

The Cheifs are clearly sellers. On the defensive side of the ball they want to get value for players that don't fit their system. Honestly if I were the Bills I would offer a 3rd and a 6th round pick (Maybe even TO) for both Dorsey and Johnson. Even if Johnson leaves via free agency we still need help now and Dorsey can be an impact player both now and in the future.

Do I think the Chiefs would take that trade no, but the Bills have to put an offer out there both guys are exactly what we need now. Either way go after Johnson offer up a sixth and Roscoe see if they bite you don't have to sell the house but make an offer. Also since we have signed Mcgee long term if you acquire Johnson you can always franchise tag him if you want to keep him.

PTR

Yeah I think the call came in while the Bills were "changing their minds" about the Ring ceremony. This team is so full of crap it's not even funny anymore.

PTR

Only if they are measuring 'most popular' by the # of jerseys purchased last offseason.

is he really worth top 5 OLB money?

Its just a thought you tag him and negotiate with him and since he has the tag on him you don't have to worry about another team swooping in and grabbing him. With McGee signed long term who else do you absolutely need to resign? Its just a scenario you have to think about if you are the Bills front office.

The question is what were they offering? A sixth round pick...............NO THANKS, even if the Bills are going nowhere this year I'd rather keep TO. A third? Now they have my attention.

If the Ravens offered you a third round pick for Owens you have to look into it. It's a win win the Bills get a pick that has value and the Ravens get a piece to get a run at a title. If you can't get a third or better from any team than just keep him what good would a 4th or 5th round pick do just keep Owens and ride it out maybe he blows up at Jauron.

Shopping Owens if he has value is something you have to do but if he has no value just hold onto him for the rest of your season like I said I doubt a 7th-4th round pick will impact this team very much. I honestly doubt that the Bills are getting any serious offers for Owens other than 5th or 6th round picks.

This team will not go anywhere with Jauron in charge. The Jets win was nice but a fluke and this team has severe flaws. I would trade TO to any interested buyer and start piling up draft picks. Put Johnson or Hardy in there and let them learn on the fly how much worse can it get.

With Fitz in at Qb we will all start to see the talent that was hidden on the offensive side of the ball. FItzpatrick may not be a gunslinger, but he at least makes an attempt to get the ball to his playmakers. I saw a fire in lee EVans eyes in the huddle with fitz in their, clapping his hands all fired up and what not. Watch for this offense to come to life. If you run the organization like a PS3 Madden franchise, yea you trade away Owens for picks, because anyone you draft always improves and gets better over time. This is not the case in real life. Bills have whiffed on many picks, and most picks we have dont contribute significantly until then end of their contracts.

I watch the Bills to see them win, and to be entertained, not to have scrubs like Hardy on the field with future draft picks stockpiled for next years draft. Owens has been beating his guy more often than not on gameday, he's just not getting the ball, or getting the ball too late due to gunshy edwards.