Opponents know when Panthers plan to throw the ball?

toddgurley

Story is below, but here is the link: http://www.carolinagrowl.com/index.php?opt...atid=1:articles

Muhammad believes opponents know when Panthers plan to throw the ball

Wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad realizes that. After the game he tried to shed some light on the problem, saying opponents seem to be getting tipped off to the Panthers passing plays. And, obviously when a defense knows a pass is coming, it's easier to defend. "From what I've been seeing defenses are dropping a lot more guys into coverage and, I don't know if it's based on our formations, or the quarterback's drop or what kind of keys they're getting, but the safeties have typically been reading and then trying to drop back into coverage and reading pass," Muhammad said. "Something is giving them a pass key and they are just double-teaming the pass. It doesn't always start off like Cover 2, but it winds up in Cover 2 or some sort of man with Cover 2, that kind of thing." -- Gaston Gazette .....

Maybe he should try watching the Bills offense-

even if they are, do you honestly think Jauron will find the tip and then CHANGE what we do to try and stop it?

I dont.

The Panthers won't be passing much - since they will be able to run for another 300 yards with Williams and Stewart

the difference will be that they finish for TDs

even if they are, do you honestly think Jauron will find the tip and then CHANGE what we do to try and stop it?

I dont.

We jsut had 6 INTs, held a former pro bowler to 2 completions, and held Brees to his worst game of the season. you can't criticize Jauron and our pass defense.

And if anything, we should invited the Panthers to pass. Delhomme has to have absolutely no confidence anymore and Smith sounds like he is giving up on the season.

We jsut had 6 INTs, held a former pro bowler to 2 completions, and held Brees to his worst game of the season. you can't criticize Jauron and our pass defense.

And if anything, we should invited the Panthers to pass. Delhomme has to have absolutely no confidence anymore and Smith sounds like he is giving up on the season.

The pass defense is prolly on of the best in the league....It would help if we could stop the run but our defense is far from the biggest problem on this team

Looks like all those DBs finally paid off. Too bad we allowed 300 yards ON THE GROUND instead. And it looks like K.Williams is out. Hopefully he and Ashley Palmer is back (can anyone believe I am hoping for AP to be back?).

Please allow me to play devil's advocate here. And I'm not taking anything away from our pass D. But do you honestly think Brees and N.O. don't throw the ball more if they didn't have all that success running it? I like how we tightened up the red zone (before the 4th qtr) but they were having their way with us on the ground before then. I thought N.O.'s opening drive of the 3rd qtr. in that game really took something out of our run D. N.O. just beat us up and ran down the field at will. Sometimes it's easier on the D to just give up the quick long gainer than continously get pounded for 5-10 yards a pop. Throw in an offense that can't give a D a rest when they need it and well, there you have it.

I've seen nothing in the last four games to suggest we can do ANYTHING to stop Carolina's running game. Unless we can get a big lead and force them to be one-dimensional, I think it's another 200 yard rushing day against our D. Especially if KW is not 100%.

GO BILLS!!!