Kyle "Rolling Ball of Butcher Knives" Williams

cale

our lbs just rush into the pile of blockers so often it's nuts, what are they doing?

Filling their assigned gaps I imagine. Isn't the 4-3 we run a one-gap system? Each guy jams into his gap at the snap and supposedly, that should mean there is no hole anywhere. Because they don't have to read which gap to hit, they should be able to hit their assigned gap quicker than in a 2 gap system where they have to read the play. It should result in penetration behind the line more often than in a 2 gap system, perfect really for a guy like Williams who is quicker than he is big. But covering every gap leaves you thin. A 2 gap system defends in more depth. Anyway, I think that is why you see our LBs flying in to the mass of bodies seemingly oblivious as to where the ball carrier actually is. I also think that is why we seem to always either tackle the RB for a 2 yard loss or give up a 9 yard gain or more. The LBs fill their gaps at the snap leaving a big empty space between the LOS and the safeties.

U guyz kill me.... we got dinged for 300 yards rushing.... ain't no-one, no-how gonna get looked at seriously ffor pro bowl consideration.

Williams is a great rotational DT.... we need a monster in the middle

The big runs were all cutbacks where one guy didn't fill his lane, and Williams was never the one at fault.

The biggest rushes came when the backs cut back across the line (not where the play was designed to go). The opposite side DE's were crashing on the line instead of keeping contain.

Williams has been in the backfield all year and has been doing a very good job.

That's what I saw too. The DE's losing contain and the linebackers over-pursuing. There were a couple of straight ahead dives off tackle, but very little between the tackles. For the Bills to improve against the run, not only do they need better linebackers, but they need better DEs also.

U guyz kill me.... we got dinged for 300 yards rushing.... ain't no-one, no-how gonna get looked at seriously ffor pro bowl consideration.

Williams is a great rotational DT.... we need a monster in the middle

There are 11 guys on the field. The big guys up front are not going to stop each-and-every run. Occasionally, a running back is going to hit a hole and there ought to be linebackers and DB's moving up to make a tackle in those situations. I don't necessarily agree we have pro-bowl talent on the D-line, but I do think our defensive tackles are a couple of the better ones in the league and don't consider their positions a weak spot on the team (albeit for depth). Yes, we got gashed for some huge runs but where the hell were the linebackers and backs on those plays?