Terrell Owens - Poll

Coach55

80 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about T.O.?

• He is a great receiver that is a proven winner
    • He is a great decoy, but that's about all
    • His drops are killing us, trade him away

After watching T.O. now for 6 weeks, I have come to a crossroads like everyone else. The guy is a hall of fame player and a proven winner in which opposing teams continue to game plan around him. However, he has repeatedly dropped balls, especially on 3rd downs. The question now arises - are we better off trading him away to the Bears and allow Johnson and Hardy to prove themselves or should we just take the drops as part of the total T.O. experience and that's the price we need to pay for admission.

After watching T.O. now for 6 weeks, I have come to a crossroads like everyone else. The guy is a hall of fame player and a proven winner in which opposing teams continue to game plan around him. However, he has repeatedly dropped balls, especially on 3rd downs. The question now arises - are we better off trading him away to the Bears and allow Johnson and Hardy to prove themselves or should we just take the drops as part of the total T.O. experience and that's the price we need to pay for admission.

He's always dropped balls, but the drops are usually accompanied by game-breaking plays - and also a few good downfield blocks. Throwing at him just a few times a game just isn't playing to the strength of a (potential) first-ballot HOFer. The guy needs to be "in" the game. Virtually everyone watching the game knows this, including AVP, but Trent will just not throw it to him regularly.

It would be interesting to hear what TO might be worth on the trade market, though draft picks in-and-of themselves (under our current administration) aren't exactly thrilling.

I did like the shots to Evans and TO in the Jets game. Lets face it the more balls that get thrown to Evans, the more everything else including TO gets to open up.

I also liked seeing Nelson being involved. That kid is going to work out well for the Bills.

He's always dropped balls, but the drops are usually accompanied by game-breaking plays - and also a few good downfield blocks. Throwing at him just a few times a game just isn't playing to the strength of a (potential) first-ballot HOFer. The guy needs to be "in" the game. Virtually everyone watching the game knows this, including AVP, but Trent will just not throw it to him regularly.

It would be interesting to hear what TO might be worth on the trade market, though draft picks in-and-of themselves (under our current administration) aren't exactly thrilling.

what he said

So throw to him many times with the hope that he starts catching them ? Come on....

And how does a QB gain confidence in him if TO, at inopportune times, drops or makes no effort to come up with the ball ? I have been very disappointed in TO so far. The 'decoy' act will only go as far as his reputation takes him. Opposing DCs will sense his unreliability and will stop falling for the decoy stunt and dare him to consistently catch balls on critical downs leaving us no better than we were last year in the WR department. I, for one, would like to see more of Steve Johnson and Hardy.

How bout nothing. Only the Bills would have paid 6.5 million for soemthing left at the side of the road on a busy highway.

I think there would be a market out there for him. Plenty of teams are very weak at WR and now that Owens has played for a crap offense and hasn't spoken up, his stock is rising.

His stock is rising....are you freakin' kidding me. He is aweful. If it were any other receiver on the Bills you would be MF-ing him. He is way past his prime. He WAS great....it's a new generation now.

All T.O.'s detractors must be literally salivating at the way he's been cuckholded by this Bills team. The dude and his agent simply never prepared for such a conniving, sleazy owner, such a clown car-ish front office, and such a pathetic coaching staff that would combine to put forth a product that puts even their own players to sleep, year after miserable year. T.O. must feel like the only guy with a pulse in a Night of the Living Dead movie. And lately, he looks like he might have gotten bit.

The fact that his hands are so poor yet he still has put up the numbers that he has over his career amazes me. I wish I wasn't too lazy to do research on how many career drops he has.

His ability to get "open" is unreal.

(For you slower ones, I put open in quotation marks because it has been said that TO is open even when he is covered)