Why are so many people turning a blind eye to Trent?

Rayzer32

I've been arguing the same since he returned last season, Dan. When a QB is not playing with confidence, THE most important aspect to the position, a coach needs to sit him down and let him see the game from a different perspective. There is no shame in that. For the player or coach. Yes, there is merit to letting a struggling player play through it but when that fails like it has with TE, then it's time for him to look at the game from a different viewpoint. It usually helps.

It can only improve the situation. But our coaches are clueless, it seems to me, when it comes to this issue. OK, they're clueless about lots of issues, but when it comes to the most important position on the field, they seem especially clueless. Inexcusable.

It's a shame TE was forced to be a spectator with a concussion. I'm not sure he comes back from this one. What a shame.

GO BILLS!!!

Come to think about it, maybe Trent will finely be back from the last concusion from 2008. He was never right after that one. Maybe this will reverse it because he really can't get much worse. Hmmm, just a thought!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The NFL is a week to week league and all about matchups. In 5 of 6 games, the Bills have been right there at the end. Edwards has given them a chance to win despite below average stats. Fitzpatrick did the same thing yesterday. His stats were not pretty and had the Jets made their FG attempt in OT, this message would be making Fitzpatrick a goat for that pick.

The short passes isn't the problem, its the timing. Montana and Brady have made livings off of short passes to guys who make big plays after the catch. To get Evans, TO, etc doing that the timing has to be better on the short throws.

Edwards needs the whole season to show the entire body of work. Give him that. If he's not able to go, it will be interesting to see how Fitzpatrick performs when the other team is gameplanning for him.

Keep in mind though, if the Bills run the ball, whomever is back there will look much better. They play two porous run defenses the next two weeks.

I don't agree that Edwards has really given us too much of a chance to win. Special teams gaffs did contribute highly to two of our losses though which Edwards didn't hurt us too bad in. Fitz looked really rough at points but played with balls. The one thing that sticks out in my mind big time is the on the money laser slant route pass to Lee Evans. In a microcosm that's the game.

Trent can't, won't or doesn't make that pass hitting Lee in stride heading up and or across the field. For all of his bad passes and mistakes Fitz made the one pass Edwards never would have. Again I am curious to see what Fitz can do with a week of practice getting the first team reps with the 1's instead of holding a clipboard during the week.

Ouch. You guys deserve a better team than this. The Jets? The Dolphins? The Pats? Okay, the Pats are pretty good,

but Buffalo is embarrassing the AFC East thus far.

This is unacceptable.

Is there anybody left on this board who can explain this catastrophe?

It just breaks my heart to watch a team take your money and perform like, well, like dog poop.

Hey speaking of dog poop, maybe Ralph can make a trade, and get Michael Vick as QB.

T.O. and M.V. would be a pretty frightening combo.

Or maybe Flutie could come out of retirement, you know, like Junior Seau did.

Have a little chuckle boys, the Bill's are toast this year...but they will be back.

I promise you, they won't break your hearts next year...and I won't splooge in your mouth.

Luv ya, miss ya, don't ever change.

I've been arguing the same since he returned last season, Dan. When a QB is not playing with confidence, THE most important aspect to the position, a coach needs to sit him down and let him see the game from a different perspective. There is no shame in that. For the player or coach. Yes, there is merit to letting a struggling player play through it but when that fails like it has with TE, then it's time for him to look at the game from a different viewpoint. It usually helps.

It can only improve the situation. But our coaches are clueless, it seems to me, when it comes to this issue. OK, they're clueless about lots of issues, but when it comes to the most important position on the field, they seem especially clueless. Inexcusable.

It's a shame TE was forced to be a spectator with a concussion. I'm not sure he comes back from this one. What a shame.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree. He's needed the bench for a while. I was hoping he could work his way through it all. Afterall, he's still young in QB years. But, he's shown zero progress this season. If anything, he's regressed in every aspect.

Will he get some of his poise back? I don't know. But, he's definitely gotten tunnel vision. He only sees what he's doing and not what other QBs are doing. You can see it in his play and hear it in his comments. How can an NFL QB say he's not had much experience with a 3-4 defense when every team in your division plays that? How can he say he's not a fan of the Bills, he's a player? How can he honestly sit there and tellus that he thinks every thing is fine when it so obviously isn't?

He needs to step back and see what other guys in the league and on his team are doing. He needs to rethink his approach to the game. He needs a break. It'll either completely ruin his career or show him what he needs to do to improve. The choice is up to him. But, one thing's for sure, he's been steadily spiralling down the slope every week. Leaving him in to work out the problems was clearly not helping him.

I truly hope the light comes back on and he gets back in there and starts to show that early promise he once did. But, I'm not holding my breath. We know Fitz isn't a long term solution. So, if not Trent, then after all these years we're back to square one with the most important position on the team. (unless they wise up and put Chroise in)

Hey, we won the game and Fitz did enough to help us win. I don't see Trent making that pass to Lee Evans for the TD because he wasn't college style wide open. Fitz also made that throw at the end of the game where Evans allegedly "bobbled" the catch. It's not his fault the ref blew the call or Evans "bobbled" it, whatever your persuasion. He also didn't get sacked. For a guy playing behind an aweful offensive line, that's good. Trent got sacked once in 1 quarter, Fitz zero in 3 quarters. He was able to move around to avoid the pressure. He also hit that 12 yard out to Lee for a 1st down that was huge. Where has that play been? Did Fitz scribble out on the turf in the huddle before that play. I'm thinking it's been there all year but the pass has ended up gong to Fred or ML.

I also think playing tied at the end instead of down a TD or so helped out defense too. Time of possession definitely helped.

I too hope he gets a week taking all the reps in practice this week and starts against Carolina. Should be interesting.

Go BILLS !!