Game notes...

MattyT

1) That was the most painful broadcast that I have ever witnessed since the last time the Bills lost the Superbowl. I expected a Brady/Bilichick love-fest, but I have to admit that just when I thought things couldn't go worse they drag Johnny Damon's caveman a$$ onto the field to give (what I am sure is by now a canned) description of why the Red Sox won the World Series to the numerous Yankee fans from Western NY. Why not just get a Blimp to fly over the stadium with blinking text.."HEY NY! BITE ME!"

To top it off, Theismann actually found a way to compliment Brady for throwing an interception when he stated something to the effect of "Good QBs throw interceptions because they rely on anticipating where their receivers are going to be." :P I blacked out from an aneurysm at this point and regained my vision just in time for my next observation.

2) Why put JP in the game in that situation? The time to insert him into the lineup was after halftime (if at all)...not in mop up duty. You are talking about zero chance of success in this situation. That game was clearly well within "The Shane Matthews zone." Anyone who judges JPs future with the team on last night is being reactionary.

3) On a related note....finally something to criticize Bilichick on! He had no business keeping his starters in the game as long as he did. Any Patriot with any talent shouldn't have even sniffed the fourth quarter. Ask Bruschi...he and the 60 degree bend his knee made in an unnatural direction would agree on this point. I mean really...why did Brady need to be in the game to hand off during the last 5 minutes? This will bite NE in the crotch later in the season if Billyboy keeps it up.

4) What is it about our secondary sqad that makes them slip and fall twice as much as our opponents? Is that Asian kid from Goonies sneaking into the locker room before the games and giving the players "slick-shoes?" I need to know.

5) Why does Mike Williams stay technical with little guys? I give credit to the him for showing up after last weekend, but when a DB a third of Big Mike's size approaches him, why doesn't he just plant the guy on his rear end instead of playing the hand and feet game with him? Something needs to be done to give this guy more of an edge. Maybe put him in a dark room and play Apocolypse Now 24/7? There is no question what Col. Kurtz would do in this situation.

6) Did we ever blitz from the edge? Anyone who tried to go through the OLine instead of around them got sucked up like an ameoba. Was it even considered?