What do the Bills need to do?

Mark S.

Man, we react too much to each game!

Wins are great, lets go with the high for a few days.

However, try to take a deep breath after losses (even as bad as last nights).

Over the last month the team has had improvements and has leaned to play at home. We still are pretty lost on the road.

Although Drew was able to improve some with outstanding protection, he goes to heck pretty quickly with any pressure. I think want that means is the team should be prepared for Losman to be the starter by next year. Do any of us think the coaches are looking at it any differently at this point? The big question is what is the best transition process?

One positive that continued to hold last night is our special teams are pretty solid now.

As horrible as our passing game was last night, we all knew that there was a good chance Drew would play as badly as he did. The biggest concerns for the future I see from last nights game are:

1. Is our offence going to stay so predictable?

2. How much offensive line improvement is it going to take to having a dependable running game that can make yardage inside and out?

2. How much offensive line improvement is it going to take to having a dependable  running game that can make yardage inside and out?

118301[/snapback]

The OL takes a lot of heat for what is an overall bad situation. I use to think play calling was a problem, but I no longer believe that. We're just bad overall.

Our OL certainly needs some upgrading, but we also have huge problems at all the skill positions. We start a 3rd string TE, we have a rookie WR learning the ropes and a grossly overrated WR on the downside of his career.

Our RB's are slow either to hit the line or break a long one. All these indredients make us an easy team to defend and it clearly shows against the better teams.

It's going to take a major offensive overall at several poitions for us to get back not just an OL rebuild as so many people simplemindly think.