Welcome to Obama's Amerika...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, not doubting you. It was a long time ago when I was just a kid. :lol: I thought it was the pinto or something.

What about firestone? How long did it take to recall there tires? Sometimes it's just cheaper to settle than save a life. :doh:

No it was the Pinto but there are some calling the whole thing a myth. Not that it didn't happen, just that some say that the research showed they were no less safe than other similar sized cars.

Ah, the good old Pinto!

I actually had one of those...my father gave it to me after college, as kind-of a graduation gift. Because what college grad never wanted a 20-year old death trap? Worse yet...it was one of the ill-conceived fastback models, with a trunk that could hold the spare tire or a small pizza, but not both.

Gee, thanks dad...what, you couldn't find an AMC Pacer for me? :doh: God, I hated that !@#$ing car.

I actually had one of those...my father gave it to me after college, as kind-of a graduation gift. Because what college grad never wanted a 20-year old death trap? Worse yet...it was one of the ill-conceived fastback models, with a trunk that could hold the spare tire or a small pizza, but not both.

Gee, thanks dad...what, you couldn't find an AMC Pacer for me? :doh: God, I hated that !@#$ing car.

I ended up with a Volvo Station wagon with bad carburators and a Ford LTD, not bad, but the engine became cracked and a cylinder went bad. Still both were tanks, didn't have to worry about explosions.

I ended up with a Volvo Station wagon with bad carburators and a Ford LTD, not bad, but the engine became cracked and a cylinder went bad. Still both were tanks, didn't have to worry about explosions.

A bad cylinder in a Ford LTD? How could you tell?

The first car I ever bought was an '81 Mustang...though in truth, only the body was an '81 Mustang, with a straight-six engine and transmission out of a '78 Grand Marquis (with I-beams welded on for engine mounts - and don't ask how they mated the tranny to the driveshaft, I just don't know). It had a top speed, red-lined and measured by police radar, of precisely 73 mph. That car wasn't a tank...it was, however, the most completely indestructable piece of **** I've ever owned. Spun it into a ditch, rolled it into another (both times on ice). I ran that engine for 30k miles without oil and burning antifreeze. It caught fire twice. I only got rid of it when the driver's seat fell through the rusted-out floor while I was sitting at a light.

Complete piece of crap. Great friggin' car. I have no idea why that engine still ran when I was done with it.

It had a top speed, red-lined and measured by police radar, of precisely 73 mph. That car wasn't a tank...it was, however, the most completely indestructable piece of **** I've ever owned. Spun it into a ditch, rolled it into another (both times on ice). I ran that engine for 30k miles without oil and burning antifreeze. It caught fire twice. I only got rid of it when the driver's seat fell through the rusted-out floor while I was sitting at a light.

:w00t: Holy sh** I'm laughing so hard I'm crying

Except at least "for profit" is motivated by something to provide good care. Whgats motivating a govt agency to provide top notch care and service? NOTHING. Thats why govt agencies are what they are.

I am not arguing about the government agencies- I am just saying there is no hope at all- from either side.....we are all going down the tubes together and are going to argue about it the whole way

It had a top speed, red-lined and measured by police radar, of precisely 73 mph. That car wasn't a tank...it was, however, the most completely indestructable piece of **** I've ever owned. Spun it into a ditch, rolled it into another (both times on ice). I ran that engine for 30k miles without oil and burning antifreeze. It caught fire twice. I only got rid of it when the driver's seat fell through the rusted-out floor while I was sitting at a light.

:ph34r: Holy sh** I'm laughing so hard I'm crying

You'd be laughing even harder if you knew that it was only 5 years ago and he bought a Honda Fit with all the money he had saved.