turn pro ?...or stay in school ?

papazoid

i think Sam Bradford will become the poster child for college athletes to turn pro rather than return for another year. it is highly likely that he cost himself $10-20 million in guaranteed money. as a general rule, if it was my son and he was eligible to come out early and he was projected to be a "sure" first round pick, i would advise him to enter the draft and take the guaranteed money. A college degree is always an option at a later date.......the riches of the NFL are not !!

i think Sam Bradford will become the poster child for college athletes to turn pro rather than return for another year. it is highly likely that he cost himself $10-20 million in guaranteed money. as a general rule, if it was my son and he was eligible to come out early and he was projected to be a "sure" first round pick, i would advise him to enter the draft and take the guaranteed money. A college degree is always an option at a later date.......the riches of the NFL are not !!

Considering his "play" this year, he's damaged goods. Financially, it would be in his best interest to remain in school for his senior year, and prove to the NFL scouts he has healed from his injury(ies).

Considering his "play" this year, he's damaged goods. Financially, it would be in his best interest to remain in school for his senior year, and prove to the NFL scouts he has healed from his injury(ies).

I wholeheartedly agree with you. The damage has been done, but if he has a good year next year he'll make up for the $$,$$$,$$$'s he will lose by coming out this year.

And man was he in some serious pain when he was hit yeaterday. :devil:

Every situation is different. Bradford doesn't play in a pro-style offense and lost a fair amount of his O-Line and WR's. Staying another year wasn't really preparing him better for the NFL. Claussen on the other hand plays in a pro-style offense for a former NFL offensive coordinator and will get better staying another year.

if there is ANY chance, and yes I mean ANY chance, he could be drafted by the Bills...

stay in school...

Look he screwed up. No way in hell do you improve on being the #1 overall pick which he would have been. He lost FOUR 3 year starters on the OL and both of his top WR's. No way in hell does he do as well as he did last year even if healthy.

He made a really stupid decision and I hope he goes to James Andrews and gets the shoulder fixed then figures out what he is going to do. I think this season really screwed him and he might need to come back another year.