surprised no one is discussing this damning piece by Mark Gaughan

I just don't buy it very much. Simplicity doesn't necessary equal predictability. Favre and Peyton Manning have thrived for 10+ years in offenses that are not complex - but they are designed in a way that still makes them difficult for a defense to defend.

I just don't buy it very much. Simplicity doesn't necessary equal predictability. Favre and Peyton Manning have thrived for 10+ years in offenses that are not complex - but they are designed in a way that still makes them difficult for a defense to defend.

Whether the offense is simple or complex is not the problem. Our OL is being swamped. No strategy, brilliant or moronic, is going to work if the line is overwhelmed as soon as the play begins. The departures of Peters and Walker with no reasonable backup plan, even if LW was used as a reserve, sealed the fate of our offense before the season even started.

The organization saved a lot of money with the departures of both of our tackles in Peters and Walker. They also created a situation where the offense had no chance to succeed. How fair is it to evaluate TE or TO or Evans if the play is blown up when the ball is snapped?

Bad organizations with inept ownerships and front offices sometimes do well at the box office and on their ledger sheets. Howver, their incompetence predictably leads to bad football and a stream of losses on the field. Because of the putrid caliber of ownership of the Bills no one should be surprised at the garbage we see each week during the season. :devil:

Agreed...But those QB's are one-in-a-Franchise-types...And the thing is, both of them have got a TON of help in the running game along the way...When you have and average QB...Or like The Bills, a less-than-average QB...You HAVE to run the ball well first and formost...I cant for the life of me understand why this is not the #1, #2, and #3 priority for any Buffalo Bills Offense...They play their Home Games in Buffalo NY, their QB is Young and has his own problems...Build a dominate running game!!! There are at least a couple Games in Buffalo every year that despite the talent of the QB, the forward pass is a crap shoot due to weather...Why not build your running Game 1st, then worry about the passing Game after that...The same passing game that will open up because your running game is so much better...

I just don't get these Coaches and GM's nowadays...I just don't get it at all... :P

Agreed...But those QB's are one-in-a-Franchise-types...And the thing is, both of them have got a TON of help in the running game along the way...When you have and average QB...Or like The Bills, a less-than-average QB...You HAVE to run the ball well first and formost...I cant for the life of me understand why this is not the #1, #2, and #3 priority for any Buffalo Bills Offense...They play their Home Games in Buffalo NY, their QB is Young and has his own problems...Build a dominate running game!!! There are at least a couple Games in Buffalo every year that despite the talent of the QB, the forward pass is a crap shoot due to weather...Why not build your running Game 1st, then worry about the passing Game after that...The same passing game that will open up because your running game is so much better...

I just don't get these Coaches and GM's nowadays...I just don't get it at all... :P

Very true, and there no guarantees of balmy weather in Foxboro or the swamps.

Ladies and gentlemen, with the 3rd selection on the 2010 draft, the Buffalo Bills select him. :w00t:

Turk-ey Shoenerts' offense was more complicated last year, how did that turn out for them? :w00t:

Today the Bills will lose to the Jets. We all know it. Even the crazies predicting the upset know deep down the Bills will lose. Of course the Bills will probably make it close, trying to act like they have pride in themselves. T.O. may even catch a TD pass or two. But if it is close, it will be just another set of stupid mistakes, penalties, wasted time outs or bad play calls that will hand the game to the Jets at the end.

So tomorrow morning the Bills will be 1-5-0 and we'll start asking for Dick's head all over again. Being a Bills fan these last 10 years has been like being trapped in Puxatawney, PA with Bill Murray in Ground Hogs Day. It's a wonder some of us haven't brought our toasters into the bathtub by now! :P

So tomorrow morning the Bills will be 1-5-0 and we'll start asking for Dick's head all over again. Being a Bills fan these last 10 years has been like being trapped in Puxatawney, PA with Bill Murray in Ground Hogs Day. It's a wonder some of us haven't brought our toasters into the bathtub by now! :P

LOL!!!!!! Stuck, but without Andie Macdowell. :w00t:

I don't know, it sounds reasonable to me. Remember, I think it was last year when the Colts had some line problems and looked very bad through the beginning of the season.

Our line is unbelievably inexperienced. One of the main reasons why people thought the ho-huddle was a good idea was that it would give the line a break. But the opposite happened. With formations limited and with things misfiring, defenses have been able to attack the line better.

The no-huddle works when your offense is firing on all cylinders. Ours isn't.