Bud Light Golden Wheat

PromoTheRobot

I brought home a 12pk for the Sabres/Atl. game on TV. Been eager to try it out since I enjoy "Heff" beers like Leinenkugel's, Widmer and Harpoon UFO.

For a Bud product it's not bad but still lacks the body and charecter of the previously mentioned brews. That first sip shows promise but the bottom kind of falls out when you swallow.

I'll drink if that's all there is but not if anything better like Blue Moon or Yuengling is available.

PTR

I brought home a 12pk for the Sabres/Atl. game on TV. Been eager to try it out since I enjoy "Heff" beers like Leinenkugel's, Widmer and Harpoon UFO.

For a Bud product it's not bad but still lacks the body and charecter of the previously mentioned brews. That first sip shows promise but the bottom kind of falls out when you swallow.

I'll drink if that's all there is but not if anything better like Blue Moon or Yuengling is available.

PTR

Had one the other night, and I as well was eager to like it...it sucked...undrinkable to me

I've never been a fan of Hefeweizens (can't get past the unfiltered cloudiness) but I've been enjoying a lot of Octoberfests this time of year. I was surprised to find that Sam Adams has proved to be my favorite. I'm not much of a Sam Adams fan, but their Octoberfest is great.

Next time I'm somewhere that has it on tap I'll give it a try.

Good point. Beers are always better on draught than from a bottle. I too will keep an eye out but something tells me this is sort of an experiment for A-B and may not stick around too long.

PTR

I refuse to try any of the major brewery's forays into the micro-brew market. I realize breweries like Sam Adams have blown up in recent years, but they still seem much more like the "little guy" than Anheusier (sp) Bush & MillerCoors.

I refuse to try any of the major brewery's forays into the micro-brew market. I realize breweries like Sam Adams have blown up in recent years, but they still seem much more like the "little guy" than Anheusier (sp) Bush & MillerCoors.

Agreed.... why not spend more money on making a beer that tastes good, than simply coming up with obnoxious and ridiculous ("drinkability") ad campaigns... I will take a New Castle any time!

You guys think this Golden Wheat will be available on tap? I thought most of this crazy stuff from A/B was usually only available in bottles or cans.

Well, you can get Shock top on tap..btw, the Michelob Wheat beers are fairly decent and priced correctly, and they have the 6 pack sampler at the 7-11 down the street..

I am a huge fan of IPAs some of my favorites are Southern Tier IPA and I recently got hooked on the Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale.

Southern Tier is one of my favorite breweries. And if you like Pale Ales (particularly Sierra Nevada) see if you can get hold of a bottle of Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale. Crazy flavor. Fresh batches every spring.

I am a huge fan of IPAs some of my favorites are Southern Tier IPA and I recently got hooked on the Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale.

Now your talking!!!! I just got a growler of Phinn and Matts at the brewery...

southern tier brewery is about 2 miles from my house! I have a card on file so after 6 growlers, I get one free. They are opening a new brewery across the street which is 8 times bigger!!! I went there for the tour for my birthday.

I've had a couple of Sam Adams Octoberfest and really like it as well.

I've really taken to the IPA's and the hoppier types of beers.